Avalanche is transforming how we understand and move people to create a more fair and just world. We are fundamentally changing how public opinion research is done by delivering the deep qualitative insight associated with a focus group at the scale of polling. Avalanche provides progressive organizations with transformative insight to create breakthrough messaging that resonates, mobilizes, and wins. With the backing of leading investors including Higher Ground Labs, Luminate, and New Media Ventures, we are scaling on growth and success in 2021 to meet the demand for our insights from political and advocacy leaders, while expanding our offerings to support values aligned leaders in other sectors.
About the role:
As a Product Manager at Avalanche, you will work closely with our co-founders, with internal and external users, and with the technical team to drive the long-term vision of the Avalanche Insights product. You will do this through the definition of business requirements and launch and post-launch measurement.
You are a customer-obsessed, growth-minded product manager that takes a data-driven, almost scientific approach to any challenge. You are not hindered by competing priorities or ambiguity, instead, you excel in a start-up. You can draw from your experience on larger product teams, and are excited to work with a multidisciplinary team to build and manage systems to produce consistently exceptional customer experiences. You have plenty of experience working on software products, and while you may or may not have experience in our domains of politics, advocacy or marketing – you’re excited about our mission and values.
- Gain a deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth
- Manage all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
- Facilitate smooth flow of information about product development between key stakeholders and the technical team to ensure alignment around product vision, roadmap and day to day work planning
- Work closely with design, engineering and data science to deliver with quick time-to-market and optimal resources
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, make trade-offs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints
- Establish data analysis systems to improve a product based on key metrics
- Inform product decisions with quantitative and qualitative data on user behavior and experimentation (e.g. survey data, A/B testing)
Qualifications & Qualities
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or MBA, or equivalent in experience
- 3+years of experience in product management, ideally with some combination of software and/or data analytics with some startup experience
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills that support collaboration with non-technical teammates
- A track record leading user research with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong problem solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
- An obsession with delivering an amazing end-user experience
- Experience with Agile/Scrum software development methodology
Salary $90,000-140,000 US, depending on geography and experience.
We treat our employees like our most valuable asset – because they are!
Compensation is benchmarked to the upper range of companies in our sector, geography, and stage. We offer comprehensive healthcare benefits, 401K or RRSP, perks like transit or parking passes, home office and fitness funds, bookclub, generous vacation and professional development policies to feed your insatiable curiosity!
Our team is remote. Definitely during COVID-19. Probably forever.
Apply from anywhere in Canada or the USA. You will be supported to ensure you have a comfortable remote work set up. In time, we will reopen offices in Vancouver, BC and Washington, DC and co-working hubs in select other locations. For some roles, we have a soft preference for candidates interested in relocation to hubs when the time is right.
We are committed to building a workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve.
We especially encourage women, people of color, folks who identify as queer and others who are underrepresented in the technology or research field to apply.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB