BrainPOP is an online K-12 educational solution that makes rigorous learning experiences accessible and engaging for all. Proven to raise academic achievement, BrainPOP has been a trusted resource to more than six million educators, and engages the hearts and challenged the minds of over 300 million learners worldwide.
BrainPOP provides endless opportunities for kids to take agency over their learning through playful, knowledge-building content and learner-driven projects, preparing them for success in the classroom and beyond.
We’re seeking a dedicated QA Engineer to join us at our team. As the QA Engineer, you will collaborate to plan, define, document, write and execute both automated and manual testing of products and features, and will work with the team to maintain our automated testing framework for our websites and mobile applications across all major platforms.
We work in an open environment, with several teams developing projects at any given time. You will coordinate and conduct testing on a project-by-project basis and will work with the rest of the QA team to ensure the optimal user experience for all users, regardless of their technical setup.
In this role, you will
- Execute functional and integration test cases within identified time frames, within test environments, and test data with a high degree of accuracy. This includes manual end-to-end testing.
- Write automated tests using our Selenium framework written in Java.
- Develop test plans, test cases, test scripts, and test reports on multiple projects of varying sizes.
- Report and record defects and bugs in a timely manner; assess their priority and severity, and close resolved issues.
- Provide estimates and feedback to the project manager for scheduling purposes.
- Maintain strong working knowledge of BrainPOP’s administrative systems, products, and services for all website and app functionality.
- An articulate communicator with strong analytical and critical thinking skills as well as problem-solving skills.
- Enthusiastic for finding, regressing, and resolving issues.
- Able to work simultaneously with multiple teams and be a team player
- Understanding of basic project management, and experienced working within scope/deadline styles common in software development.
- Passionate for emerging technologies that can enhance our QA processes
On Your Resume
- 1+ years working with a Selenium automated testing framework to write and execute automated tests in Java.
- 2+ years experience testing complex web-based applications, including preparing, documenting, and executing test criteria, test cases, test scripts, and test plans for IT system projects.
- Experience with mobile, gaming or learning platforms preferred.
- Experience with mobile application testing including iOS, Android, and Windows Mobile is a strong plus.
A Strong Plus
- Strong technical working knowledge of web technologies.
- Experience with educational software or the needs for software in schools and other learning environments.
- A passion for organization and a sharp eye for detail.
Life at BrainPOP
Our commitment to supporting and empowering teachers and students is reflected in our dedication to enhancing the lives of our employees—in and out of the office.
Our team is made up of educators, data scientists, published authors, engineers, artists, bakers, film buffs, cyclists, dual-citizens, and so much more. We value Diversity & Inclusion, collaboration and learning from multiple perspectives, and encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work.
Besides offering a comprehensive benefits package and putting an emphasis on work-life balance, we make it a point to integrate fun and play into the workplace.
- Corporate Donation Matching
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Paid Life Insurance
- 401K with a company match
- Friends & Family BrainPOP Subscription
- Learning & Development Stipend
- Wellness Activities (ClassPass Membership)
- Annual Performance Bonus & Equity Appreciation Plan
Company Events (happy hours, volunteering opportunities, trivia nights and monthly Town Halls)
What we do today directly impacts how teachers teach, and students learn. We continue to be inspired because we can see the difference we’re making and we’re proud to be a creative, collaborative, always-teaching and always-learning community.
Due to COVID-19, all BrainPOP employees will be working remotely through October 2021.
We believe that a diverse organization is a more effective organization. BrainPOP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.