Req Id: 3415
Job location: Charlotte, NC, US, 28277
Work Location :
Charlotte, NC (hybrid), or Fully Remote. To protect the health and safety of our employees, our offices are closed until mid-September 2021. When our offices reopen, the organization will be moving to a hybrid work model.
Charlotte, NC (hybrid) To protect the health and safety of our employees, our offices are closed. When our offices reopen, the organization will be moving to a hybrid work model.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At Brighthouse Financial, we’re fostering a culture where diverse backgrounds and experiences are celebrated, and different ideas are heard and respected. We believe that by creating an inclusive workplace, we’re better able to attract and retain our talent, provide valuable solutions that meet the needs of our advisors and their clients, and deliver on our mission of helping more people achieve financial security.
How This Role Contributes to Brighthouse Financial:
Brighthouse Financials’ QMO Test Engineering Lead is a key role within the Technology organization, managing the complex interrelationships of a broad portfolio of 3rd party systems integrators and platforms ensuring successful deployment and ongoing support of complex designs and multi-faceted platform interoperations. The individual is accountable for the creation and successful execution of testing strategies enabling business, technology and applications across Brighthouse, and our many SaaS providers/Systems Integrators in both agile and waterfall methods. This role also will oversee and support test engineering strategies and execution of TSA mandated programs working closely with our Test Execution Vendor (TEV), and primarily with our internal Data & Analytics organization. This position requires an individual with strong knowledge in testing of ETL, webservices, message streams and data & analytics concepts an framework. Test Engineering Lead will need to effectively and efficiently build relationships and partner with many team members within Data & Analytics organization as well as other stakeholders to enable testing and oversee an integrated strategy across many programs that are in flight. This position is accountable to ensure the quality of deployable components in production.
Test Engineering Lead will work closely with internal Brighthouse IT Solution Owners and Data & Analytics organization to ensure the traceability of architecture, design, integration and testing ensuring scalable interoperability within all types of delivery frameworks (agile, iterative, waterfall). This position requires a deep understanding of key IT disciplines (architecture, BSA, data integration, Service Management, Vendor Management) and must have a keen ability to work within a matrix of technical leaders, business leaders and stakeholders.
• Manage Test Execution Vendor on test execution of multiple programs in parallel to implement the strategic Data & Analytics roadmap, holding them accountable to delivery commitments.
• Manage key stakeholders including business partners during UAT
• Able to get into the details of an issue, doesn’t shy away from performing issue analysis
• Manage change, understanding the potential impact to stakeholders and influence approach and timeline to minimize business disruption. Develop mitigation plans to resolve issues and risks. Ensure implementations achieve business and technology requirements.
• Oversee all aspects of quality assurance including establishing metrics, applying industry best practices, and developing new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met.
• Act as key point of contact for all QA aspects of releases, providing QA services and coordinating QA resources internally and externally
• Management of various test environments
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
• 7-10+ years of experience in a technology organization (preferably in financial services industry) with a focus on test engineering.
• Experience in developing test strategy to support transformation programs in data & analytics
• Hands on experience in testing of ETL components, web services and big data solutions
• Experienced in these technologies – Java, Python, Pyspark, Hadoop and Azure data platforms
• Experienced in test automation and building automation framework
• Experienced in managing and executing tests in a CI/CD and DevOps model
• Deep understanding and prior experience of software development and QA life cycle processes (including test planning, test case design, execution, defect tracking and reporting)
• Strong knowledge of tools such as Azure DevOps, HP ALM/Quality Center, JIRA, CA Agile Central/Rally
• Excellent communication skills to collaborate with system integration teams, IT Solution Owners, and other stakeholders
• Compensation: Base salary ranging from $111,000 to $137,000 plus competitive performance-based incentives determined by company and individual results
• Time Off: Minimum of 20 days of paid time off and 13 paid company holidays per full calendar year, plus paid volunteer time
• Financial Benefits: 401(k) savings plan with up to a 6% annual match and 3% annual company nondiscretionary contribution of eligible compensation, and employee stock purchase plan
• Family Focus: Up to 16 weeks of paid leave for new parents, back-up care program, dependent care flexible spending account, and adoption and surrogacy assistance
• Health and Welfare: Competitive medical, vision and dental plans, plus tax-free health savings accounts with potential company contributions up to $1,000 per family
• Wellness Programs: Wellness incentive platform, employee assistance program, financial counseling services, fitness center discounts and more
• Life & Disability Benefits: Company-paid basic life insurance and short-term disability
Less than 5%
Number of Openings: