Title: Android Engineer
Our mission? Creating the finance solution that energizes SMEs and freelancers, so they can achieve more. We simplify everything from everyday banking to bookkeeping and spend management. At Qonto, we’re passionate about creating the best product, so if you’re looking for an ambitious team that’s revolutionizing an old-fashioned industry, get in touch!
Our journey: Alexandre and Steve launched Qonto in July 2017. Since then, the team has earned the trust of more than 400,000 customers and opened offices in Paris, Berlin, Milan, and Barcelona. Last summer, we joined forces with Penta, a market leader based in Berlin and Belgrade, forming a united team of 1,300 Qontoers. We also made it to the LinkedIn Top Companies French ranking!
- Ambition | We tackle big challenges. No matter what.
- Teamwork | We create momentum by working together, at the same speed.
- Mastery | We pursue excellence through continuous learning. We face challenges with humility. Every day.
- Integrity | We’re open. We’re honest. And we earn the trust of our clients and each other.
- You can find out more about the Qonto Way here.
Our beliefs: Our goal at Qonto is to create a warm and welcoming environment where individuals from all walks of life can truly thrive. We’ve gone above and beyond to ensure that every applicant is evaluated solely based on their skills and potential, rather than their gender, ethnicity, age, (dis)ability, or any other irrelevant factor. Our team consists of 49% international individuals, with 44% women and 20% parents. With this diversity, we are a powerful force! Join us in our mission to build a workplace that celebrates diversity and embraces individuality. Discover the steps we took to create a discrimination-free hiring process.
Our career track: At Qonto, we cherish your unique skills, breaking away from conventional labels like “senior” or “director,” and instead, offering personalized career tracks and expertise levels from 1 to 9 that truly celebrate your impact!
The mobile engineering team at Qonto currently has over 100 highly skilled engineers distributed in cross-functional teams, who come from all over the world, working closely to shape the best business finance solution app.
As an Android Engineer at Qonto, you will
- Craft Cutting-edge Financial Features: Work on critical architectural and UI features that will directly impact our end users.
- Foster Meaningful Collaboration: Work closely with back-end teams, designers, and product managers to create a unified vision.
- Solve Real-time Challenges: Tackle real-time synchronization issues and spearhead new initiatives.
- Champion Quality: Maintain an exceptional level of quality by implementing continuous refactoring and unit testing to consistently enhance the codebase.
- Our app is 100% written in Kotlin and based on MVVM & Clean architecture, using the Coordinator pattern, Coroutines and Flows. We have started challenging initiatives such as modularization, reducing the build time, migrating towards Jetpack Compose. Our CI is composed of Gitlab, Firebase (distribution, Test Lab) and Sonar.
A high focus on tech quality is done :
- Using Clean Code / SOLID principles
- Investing effort on tests: 14000+ unit test and +1400 UITests
- Following a component approach, using our design system.
- Want to know more about the mobile team’s performance indicator? Click here
What you could work on
- As part of our Engineering department, you will work within one of our cross-functional teams, each team handling part of our product. A few examples of these teams are:
- Cards: Build and sell cards that are top of wallet for all company expenses.
- Spend Management: Gain market shares on larger SMEs thanks to Finance management, starting in France, through an efficient Spend Management product.
- Invoices: Streamline AR (account receivable) and AP (account payable) workflows for businesses, enhancing cash flow management while building a smooth relationship with their clients and suppliers.
- Bookkeeping: Gain market shares on larger SMEs thanks to Finance management, starting in France, through an efficient Spend Management product.
- Design System: Crafting the future of the user experience at scale through new patterns and components.
What you can expect
- A dynamic, fast-paced work environment with a strong focus on quality
- An opportunity to build and improve features for our 400K+ clients across Europe
- Expert coaching and mentorship from seasoned team members
- Collaborative problem-solving and brainstorming sessions with other teams
- Knowledge sharing within the entire tech and product team through conferences, weekly meetings, and Tech Monthlies
- Click here to read an interview of Jelena, Android Engineer @ Qonto!
Your future Head of
Your Head of will be either Guillaume or Sylvain, who are in charge of the Mobile team.
Coming from a Software Engineering background, Guillaume started to nurture his mobile practices +10 years ago. Over the past years, he worked in the music streaming industry and then on building a marketplace for homeowners and tradespeople for London-based startups before joining Qonto. After 6 months as an Android developer, he seized the opportunity to build and lead the mobile team.
Having graduated from an engineering school with a focus on hardware, Sylvain discovered software engineering working at Sony +10 years ago. Following this experience, he joined the French second-hand marketplace leader where he stayed for more than 6 years, evolving from Android Developer to Engineering Manager, before joining Qonto. After 2 years as a Lead Android, he became our second Head of Mobile.
Together, Guillaume & Sylvain work to streamline the team’s operations, ensuring top product quality and fostering team member growth.
- Experience: You already have experience as a mobile engineer with a background in the Android development lifecycle.
- Mastery: You have development experience in Android and a good understanding of the Android SDK.
- Problem solver: You are a pragmatic and solution-oriented engineer interested in delivering value.
- Make an impact: You want to build a product that is used by thousands of users, in a fast-growing environment.
- Best practices: You work in an organized manner with high test coverage and other best practices.
- Curiosity: You are a curious and open-minded developer.
- Team player: You have good communication skills, you know how to work within a team and you can easily work with non-technical colleagues.
- Languages: You are fluent in English.
At Qonto we understand that true diversity isn’t just about ticking boxes on a hiring checklist. Apply regardless of the boxes you tick! Who knows? You may have the missing piece of the puzzle we’ve been searching for all along.
- A laptop. An inclusive work environment. A tailor-made career track. And so much more to help you succeed.
- A central fully-renovated building in Berlin with WeWork services
- Monthly team events
- Tailor-made remote work policy depending on the job you apply for
- 28 days of paid leave
- Moka Care to take care of your mental health and gym access with Urban Sports Club
- A Hrmony lunch card: 100% covered
- 100% public transportation reimbursement
- A progressive parenthood policy as part of our commitment to the Parental Act (1 in 6 of Qonto employees is a parent!) and childcare benefits with selected partners
Our hiring process:
- Interviews with your Talent Acquisition Manager and future managers
- A remote exercise to demonstrate your skills and give you a taste of what working at Qonto could be like
- We will send you an interview guide so you can best prepare yourself.
- On average our process lasts 20 working days and offers usually follow within 48 hours
- Thank you for considering joining Qonto. We cannot wait to learn more about you!
- One last thing. We recently raised 486M in our Series D to ensure we keep growing safely, despite the current economic environment looking a bit gloomy. We revealed our plans for the future here.
- To learn more about us:
Qonto’s Blog | Handelsblatt | Startup Insider | Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung (FAZ)
To know how your personal data will be processed during your application process or to request its deletion, please click here.