Digital Marketing Manager
Full-time position, work-from-home, competitive remuneration package dependent on experience
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, so please apply as soon as possible.
The Global Commons Alliance (GCA) and the Science Based Targets Network (SBTN) seek a full-time digital marketing manager – with deep experience in driving performance through digital marketing channels – to help raise the profile of GCA and SBTN, and drive engagement through digital channels including social media (LinkedIn, Twitter + other platforms).
The successful candidate will help us reach our target audiences to drive awareness of and engagement with a series of forthcoming products, including a new science framework for a safe and just future and the release of the first-ever science-based targets for nature for companies.
GCA is a network of organizations working together in thoughtful collaboration to ensure that societies and the global economy thrive, sustained by healthy global commons, on a stable planet. Our mission is to empower citizens, cities, companies, and countries to become effective stewards of the global commons. Our vision is the triumph of the global commons. We will all thrive and prosper on a stable, resilient planet. After a three-year start-up phase, GCA is now in full implementation mode.
SBTN is one of five components that make up the Global Commons Alliance. SBTN is an unprecedented collaboration between more than 60 nonprofits and intergovernmental organizations that have come together to provide a single unified framework for companies and cities to ensure their actions on nature and climate can be scientifically validated.
The successful candidate will be responsible for building and executing GCA and SBTN’s integrated digital media plans.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Deep expertise in digital media management across owned, earned, and paid channels, in the non-profit, government, or private sectors.
- Proven success in driving digital performance for former clients/employers, including increasing organizations’ profiles and engagement on social media and online.
- A good understanding of some of the major multinational events on the nature, biodiversity, and climate calendar – including UNGA, COPs (UNFCCC and CBD); Davos (WEF); G7; G20, and others,
- A good understanding of the role of business in stewarding the global commons, as well as a good understanding of the most critical business conferences
- Good knowledge of climate science, including tipping points science
- Experience and proven success in B2B communications
- Experience with content management systems, specifically WordPress
- Visual design experience
- Ability to work independently
- Fluent English
Tasks will include:
- Develop and implement integrated state-of-the-art digital media strategies for GCA and SBTN to grow our online presence and influence through owned, earned, and paid channels
- Social media-specific responsibilities will include conducting a social media audit and resulting recommendations for growth and process improvements, calendar management, writing posts, daily posting to Twitter and LinkedIn, influencer outreach and engagement, monitoring of channels, and creation of regular multimedia content
- Maintaining and updating the GCA and SBTN websites
- Working closely with the agency employed to overhaul the GCA’s website template
- Provide SEO analysis, recommendations, and implementation to support earned media growth
- Develop KPI dashboard, campaign measurement, and analysis reporting across digital channels
- Attending group calls, helping to keep records, and supporting the GCA communications coordinator deliver on the overall communications strategy
- Participating actively in the GCA and SBTN communities
- GCA and SBTN are jointly hosted by Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors. The employment contract would therefore be with Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors.
- The successful candidate will report to the GCA Communications Coordinator and SBTN’s Communications Director.
- This is a full-time remote position (work from home). The initial contract will be for 12 months with the possibility of an extension.
- At certain times of the year, travel to team meetings will be required. These meetings are sometimes in the U.S., sometimes in Europe, and occasionally in other parts of the world. Travel may also be required to attend events like COP27 in Sharm-el-Sheikh, Egypt and/or COP15 in Montreal, Canada.