This is a unique role that offers broad exposure to software engineering and data science. We are eager to find underrepresented candidates who are early in their career and don’t want to choose between engineering or data science.
Working with data science and engineering, you will be deeply enmeshed in the critical nuances of disambiguation, normalization, standardization and other ETL skills. You will also have the opportunity to work in all stages of our software process from researching data sources to developing data pipelines and building business intelligence visualization tools.
- Design and build data pipelines
- Run and iterate data science experiments in the cloud and in a production environment
- Support business intelligence and data science needs via visualization/reporting
- Undergraduate CS degree or equivalent; 3-5 years professional experience
- Fluent in python; the ideal candidate will be comfortable with web programming, consuming APIs, data wrangling, SQL, etc.
- Experience with python pandas, scikit-learn, numpy and NVDIA’s CUDA and visualization libraries such as seaborn, plotly, etc. strongly preferred
- Experience working with large tabular (>100m rows) datasets a plus
- Familiarity with basic statistical concepts
- Curiosity for insurance and autonomous technology applied to transportation/trucking
- Entrepreneurial mindset and comfort with ambiguity
Koffie is an insurance company purpose built for the autonomous vehicle era. We are taking transportation insurance out of the dark ages by using modern technology to deliver instant policies based on advanced safety and autonomous technology. As an InsurTech, Koffie is free from legacy systems and inefficient processes, our AI-driven predictive models deliver a reimagined insurance experience for fleets. We believe strongly in diversity of thought which comes from different backgrounds and experiences.
Our vision is to align incentives across fleets, technology providers, brokers and the automotive industry. By catalyzing the adoption of safety technology, we positively impact road safety and facilitate a more efficient supply chain. We’re backed by top-tier VCs in the fintech and mobility sectors.
If you’re ready to work obsessively with us to make insurance better, faster, more efficient and build products for the next 100 years of mobility, we want to hear from you, regardless of where you live.
For US employees we offer a competitive salary, stock options, unlimited vacation, 100% employer paid health, vision and dental plans, commuter benefits and discounted fitness classes, generous WFH stipend, personal learning/training (for professional and industry certification) and conference budget. For remote hires outside the US, we are unable to provide some of these benefits.
Although this position is WFH, we envision meeting face-to-face as a team every 6-8 weeks for several days once things return to ‘normal.’
Hiring process for this role is as follows: initial screen by hiring manager, coding challenge (administered by iMocha), Zoom screen, Zoom technical interview, Zoom interview with additional team members, then offer. We hope to have candidates go from submission to offer in under two weeks.