TED creates, produces and distributes audio and video media (most famously TED Talks) to millions of people around the world. As a Software Engineer working with React Native, you will be responsible for the development of mobile apps which deliver TED content to millions of people around the world. You will collaborate with a team of top-tier developers, designers and product owners to take new features and products from conception to production.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- 4+ years of professional experience in software development.
- Expert-level knowledge of:
React best practices and patterns (hooks, functional components, state management, etc)
- Strong knowledge of:
HTML, CSS and other web front-end technologies.
- Integrating with remote services asynchronously via REST, GraphQL, etc.
- Collaborating with teams via GitHub using pull requests and version control best-practices.
- Preferred experience with:
Native iOS and/or Android development and tool chains
Video streaming technologies
React in the browser
-Absolutely must be a self-starter whose default mode is action and persistence.
- Proactive, positive communication and a team-first attitude are paramount.
- Must be a ferocious debugger who is unfazed by complex toolchains, immature SDKs and emerging technologies.
- Values cross-functional collaboration
- Values a diverse workplace
- Familiarity with git and version control best practices
- Familiarity with Unix command line and best practices
- Develop high-performing apps that stream TED’s media to millions of people
- Develop conference technology apps that facilitate first-class conference experiences both in-person and remotely
- Experiment with new technologies and share discoveries with the team
- Foster growth and support other engineers through constructive, collaborative code reviews
- Clearly communicate technical constraints and opportunities with stakeholders
- Willingness to contribute however possible to ensure overall effectiveness of position
- Other duties and special projects as may be assigned from time to time
- Travel: Upon request / as needed
- Full health benefits (medical, dental, vision) 100% paid by TED for employees
- Paid family leave
- Work-life balance encouraged (TED closes for a 2-week summer break and 1-week winter break plus you’re eligible for additional paid time off)
- Free OneMedical and SpringHealth membership for you and your dependents to address physical and mental well-being
- 401k with match