Project: Early Hearing Detection & Intervention Program (EHDI)
Title: Mentoring & Family Engagement Project Director (12 hr/wk)
SPAN seeks a new Mentoring & Family Engagement Project Director for the Early Hearing Detection & Intervention Program (EHDI).
- Supervise the Deaf Mentor Program Coordinator and provide training and support to Mentors.
- Conduct outreach and share DMP information with identified groups/networks/organizations.
- Provide family support (information, technical assistance, and other supports) to families with a child who is D/HH
- Maintain and update information using project management software regarding the Deaf Mentor Program and family support.
- Collect and analyze evaluation information; prepare monthly and quarterly reports.
- Contribute to SPAN policy advocacy by preparing vignettes and grant specific testimony/comments.
- Facilitate meetings for the DMP Advisory Group and the Family Support & Engagement Parent Group.
- Attend SPAN Project Director meetings, all-staff meetings, and mandatory public policy meetings
- Present at and attend professional meetings relating to project goals and SPAN’s mission.
- Collaborate with other related Project Directors, State, and Regional partners.
- Experience as a parent/caregiver of a child who is Deaf or Hard of Hearing, including advocating for the child’s educational, health, and other needs.
- In-depth knowledge of the principles of effective, culturally, and linguistically responsive family support and empowerment of child and family serving systems.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience working with diverse socioeconomic and cultural communities
- Experience with adapting curriculum and program evaluation/analysis
- Experience participating on Advisory Committees, Task Forces, or other
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Google Workspace, SmartSheet, online meeting platforms, and email
- Proven leadership capabilities with demonstrated strengths in team-building and collaboration.
- Sound decision-making playing, planning, and organization skills.
- Commitment to the goals of parent engagement and empowerment and the mission and values of the organization as a whole.
- Reliable transportation and childcare.