A little about us. Splunk is the key to enterprise resilience for the 11,000+ organizations that use our Unified Security and Observability Platform. We regularly appear on a lot of “Best Places to Work” lists and we think it’s because we encourage our Splunkers to bring their whole, authentic selves. So bring your work experience, problem-solving skills and talent, of course, but also bring your joy, your passion and all the things that make you, you. Because when you feel free to be you, it makes it a lot easier for us to be us.
As a key Security Product Marketing Team member, you will drive the positioning, messaging, content creation, and integrated go-to-market (GTM) strategy for Splunk’s security use cases and solutions. You’ll be at the forefront of our market presence, from spearheading integrated marketing initiatives that fuel our pipeline to launching new features in the Splunk security portfolio. In this pivotal role, you’ll be given the platform to redefine how Splunk security use cases are marketed. You’ll craft compelling content narratives by emphasizing the unmatched value of Splunk’s security products, ensuring they resonate with our target audiences. Beyond ideation, you’ll create rich content that empowers our Splunk field organization and partners, providing them with the ammunition they need to drive opportunities to fruition and achieve successful closures. Your contribution will be instrumental in positioning Splunk as an industry leader.
- Act as a subject matter expert to internal and external stakeholders for the security products, services, and markets that you serve
- Drive efforts for building market awareness, Splunk brand awareness, pipeline/demand, as well as revenue
- Develop messaging for Splunk for security and act as a storyteller for the solution
- Work across the marketing team to provide content for the website, collateral, public and analyst relations, trade shows, online marketing, customer stories, and more
- Represent the company at various speaking engagements and conferences
- Deliver sales training and enablement and develop tools such as sales kits, ROI analysis, and messaging guides to enhance sales effectiveness
- 3+ years of product marketing experience, preferable in the cybersecurity industry
- Excellent ability to translate complex technical capabilities into simple product messaging that can be easily consumed across multiple buyer and user personas
- Excellent storytelling skills and experience creating product narratives and pitches
- Excellent content creation skills across multiple mediums, including video, whitepapers, blogs, ebooks, infographics, product and solution briefs
- Ability to build end-to-end plans and manage execution across cross-functional teams
- Excellent written and oral communication/presentation skills, including ability to create and deliver effective presentations
- Advanced project management skills with the ability to manage competing deliverables and timelines
- Ability to analyze and enhance best practices, processes, and procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Willingness to travel to industry conferences, customer visits, sales meetings, and other places, both in the U.S. and internationally
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and collaboration skills
- Bachelors required; MBA a plus
Splunk is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Splunk, we believe creating a culture of belonging isn’t just the right thing to do; it’s also the smart thing. We prioritize diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging to ensure our employees are supported to bring their best, most authentic selves to work where they can thrive. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Note: Splunk provides flexibility and choice in the working arrangement for most roles, including remote and/or in-office roles. We have a market-based pay structure which varies by location. Please note that the base pay range is a guideline and for candidates who receive an offer, the base pay will vary based on factors such as work location as set out below, as well as the knowledge, skills and experience of the candidate. In addition to base pay, this role is eligible for incentive compensation and may be eligible for equity or long-term cash awards.
Benefits are an important part of Splunk’s Total Rewards package. This role is eligible for a competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, an ESPP and much more! Learn more about our comprehensive benefits and wellbeing offering at https://splunkbenefits.com.
Base Pay Range
SF Bay Area, Seattle Metro, and New York City Metro Area
Base Pay Range: $104,000.00 – 143,000.00 per year
California (excludes SF Bay Area), Washington (excludes Seattle Metro), Washington DC Metro, and Massachusetts
Base Pay Range: $94,400.00 – 129,800.00 per year
All other cities and states excluding California, Washington, Massachusetts, New York City Metro Area and Washington DC Metro Area.
Base Pay Range: $84,800.00 – 116,600.00 per year