State Power Fund – Midwest Training Hub
State Power Fund (SPF) is a 501 (c)(3) public charitable organization supporting innovative and effective public interest projects to eliminate poverty, improve living conditions for low-income Americans, strengthen public education, and increase participation in local, state, and federal elections. We achieve this mission through training individuals and groups, developing projects that bring together community stakeholders to address these issues, sponsoring projects that seek to promote civic dialogue, and advocating for policies that create a more equitable society.
This role will be working specifically with the Midwest State Power Training & Capacity Hub (Training Hub), a project of the SPF. The Training Hub has a dynamic commitment to leadership training, professional development, and strategic capacity building for the leaders and staff of state-based power building organizations. Robust organizing programs demand staff who are able to integrate high-level strategic capacities with the art of community organizing: deeply understanding leadership development and translating that understanding into the training of leaders and organizers within the movement. The Training Hub is designed to support organizers and their teams to cultivate the leadership qualities, sense of agency, hard skills, strategic capacity, and political grounding necessary to construct and lead a dynamic, politically relevant, base and member-driven vehicles for collective power.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Event Manager is responsible for coordinating all Training Hub events. This includes (but is not limited to) securing event venues, meals, and AV capacity; facilitating travel logistics when appropriate; managing all training logistics, including event registration, lodging, and materials; coordinating team meetings; and collecting data to track results and compiling information for stakeholders. This individual will work closely with the Training Hub Project Director and Training Teams. This position reports to the Director of Operations.
● Plan, implement, and manage components through meetings and trainings to support internal goals and objectives
● Manage and execute plans and timelines within budget for desired events as assigned
● Partner with internal teams and stakeholders to establish event coordination and activities; clearly communicate objectives, project status, and updates on a regular basis
● Accountable for relevant external vendor/contracted relationships and identifying the most cost-effective options to meet the business requirements
● 5+ years high-level event project management experience
● Able to manage multiple high-level projects across various geographies with senior leaders in the organization, and complete all required approvals and processes required
● Experience owning all logistics for events from start to finish, including pre-event planning, collaboration across multiple teams, project management, onsite event support, registration management, and other duties
● Experience project managing multiple complex projects and timetables successfully in a collaborative extremely fast-paced environment
● Demonstrated experience partnering with external relationships (partners, vendors) and working with cross-functional internal teams, which support direct efforts and collaborate closely to develop and successfully execute programs
● Proven skills to research and report on event options, venues, and lodging based on program format and budget
● Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties, or responsibilities. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
● Knowledge and experience working with community organizing groups and organizers
● Experience securing vendors and site locations across the Midwest
● Demonstrated commitment to social justice and social change
● Familiarity with Zoom, Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite
● High capacity to organize time and accomplish goals with independence
● Ability to handle multiple priority assignments simultaneously and meet established deadlines
● Strong team player, familiar with team dynamics and willing to work in a virtual team environment
● Willingness and desire to learn new technologies, tactics, and strategies
● This is a full-time salaried position with an annual salary of $75,000-$80,000.
● Remote position within the Midwest. (OH, PA, IN, IL, MN)
● At least 25% of travel is required. Some weekend and evening hours will be required.
● Work-related expenses are reimbursed according to policy.
● Our strong benefits package includes healthcare, dental, and vision, retirement matching, professional development opportunities, paid family leave, a flexible work environment and a generous vacation allowance.
Please email an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org with:
1. Your resume
2. A cover letter that addresses the following questions:
a. What interests you about this job?
b. This role serves at the intersection of social justice and the Midwest. What’s something you’ve done that demonstrates your abilities, skills or knowledge in these areas?
3. (Optionally) A sample of your work
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with applicants encouraged to apply by February 3, 2023. Please do not submit an application without a cover letter that includes answers to the requested questions.
The State Power Fund provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, criminal history, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. We believe that marginalized communities must be centered in the work we do and strongly encourage people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women and LGBTQ people to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com