Super provides access for everyone to experience more of what life has to offer, whatever their income or circumstance.
We solve real-world problems in fintech, travel, and eCommerce as we help our millions of customers spend less and save more. We have raised over $100MM to date and have driven over $1B in sales since the release of our first product (SuperTravel) in 2016. Our growth and impact are a testament to the work and dedication of our 200+ person team around the world.
We are constantly innovating, building, and iterating. We use data to help us move fast and make decisions. We have an open and transparent culture where everyone has access to information empowering them to be an owner. We are all one team and you will find everyone here is willing to help each other work towards a common goal. Check out this article from our CEO, Hussein Fazal on Super’s Core Values.
Employee well-being is a top priority. Whether it’s access to physical/mental health services, competitive compensation, unlimited vacation, or our remote-first work environment – we provide flexible benefits that reflect our employee-first culture and our commitment to a healthy work-life integration.
For highly motivated self-starters, Super accelerates your career growth and unlocks your potential through the people, work, and programs it has to offer. Come join us to make an impact in your career and in the world.
About the Role
Our product engineering team is responsible for everything the user interacts with: our chatbot, our frontend, our internal tools, our UI/component library, and the services and databases that power these. As a member of this team you will:
Ship high-impact projects end-to-end in a fast-paced, iterative environment. You will have the opportunity to very meaningfully propel the business forward, and see the impact of your work on the company’s business metrics and user experience
Own our static corporate pages, our front-end services, and our component library, including: development, testing, deployment, monitoring, and debugging
Uphold standards for quality by performing code reviews
Participate in cross-functional team projects, work with external stakeholders, and help shape the roadmap for future team projects
Be data-driven and close to the customer, running experiments for nearly everything you launch
- We have a modern front-end stack featuring React, Redux, and Typescript
- We use Material-UI and maintain our own component library, using Figma for mock-ups
- We do unit testing with enzyme and react-test-utils, and end-to-end testing with WebdriverIO
- We use Gitlab and docker for version control and CI/CD, and our infrastructure is hosted on AWS
- We invest heavily in monitoring and automated alerting using TrackJS and Datadog
- We use Amplitude, Hotjar, and LogRocket for client-side metrics and experimentation
- You have 1+ years professional working experience in front-end software development, and are proficient in React / Redux
- You are willing and able to work in all areas on the front-end world, from Redux state-management to UI and styling work, though the proportion of time spent in different areas will be influenced by your interests and strengths
- You stay up-to-date with changes in the JS ecosystem and browser standards and compatibility issues
- Familiarity with Typescript, Material-UI, and/or WebdriverIO is a bonus
- You are interested in building products in a startup environment: moving quickly, being data-driven, wearing multiple hats, continuously learning.
- You are highly motivated, have a strong sense of ownership, and are able to drive complex projects end-to-end
- You are a strong communicator, and able to thrive on an agile team, contributing to: standups, sprint ceremonies, and quarterly project planning, and working with various internal and external stakeholders
Perks & Benefits
- We are a Remote-first company, we offer flexible working hours with complete work-from-home freedom and a guilt-free unlimited vacation policy
- Enjoy employee rewards, and travel discounts using SuperTravel
- Competitive salaries, equity options, full benefits from day one, wellness budgets, and paid development – we’ve got you covered!
- UberEats credits, meal budgets, special treats, and team lunches. When in the office, enjoy daily snack services and unlimited coffee, tea, and other drinks
- Supporting continued growth with Learning & Development, Diversity & Inclusion events, TED talk Tuesdays, and Lunch & Learn opportunities
- We welcome new additions with a generous EI top-up, parental leave, additional vacation, and a flexible return-to-work plan
- Game nights, Happy Hours, internal hackathons, team building games, workouts, and more