Super provides access for everyone to experience more of what life has to offer, whatever their income or circumstance.
We solve real-world problems in fintech, travel, and eCommerce as we help our millions of customers spend less and save more. We have raised over $100MM to date and have driven over $1B in sales since the release of our first product (SuperTravel) in 2016. Our growth and impact are a testament to the work and dedication of our 200+ person team around the world.
We are constantly innovating, building, and iterating. We use data to help us move fast and make decisions. We have an open and transparent culture where everyone has access to information empowering them to be an owner. We are all one team and you will find everyone here is willing to help each other work towards a common goal. Check out this article from our CEO, Hussein Fazal on Super’s Core Values.
Employee well-being is a top priority. Whether it’s access to physical/mental health services, competitive compensation, unlimited vacation, or our remote-first work environment – we provide flexible benefits that reflect our employee-first culture and our commitment to a healthy work-life integration.
For highly motivated self-starters, Super accelerates your career growth and unlocks your potential through the people, work, and programs it has to offer. Come join us to make an impact in your career and in the world.
About the Role
Our product engineering team is responsible for everything the user interacts with: our chatbot, our frontend, and the services and databases that power these. As a member of the team you will:
• Ship high-impact projects end-to-end in a fast-paced, iterative environment
• Have the opportunity to very meaningfully propel the business forward, and see the impact of your work on the company’s business metrics and user experience
• Own features, services, caches, and databases, including: deployment, monitoring, debugging, and testing
• Uphold standards for quality by performing code reviews
• Mentor junior developers
• Participate in cross-functional team projects, work with external stakeholders, and help shape the roadmap for future team projects
• Be data-driven and close to the customer, running experiments for nearly everything you launch
- We use a state of the art architecture powered by services written with Node / Express, Python / Flask, React / Redux, and our proprietary chatbot engine.
- We use Postgres for storage and Redis for caching.
- We use Gitlab for version control and (along with Docker) CI/CD, and our infrastructure is hosted on AWS, making use of Elastic Beanstalk, RDS, etc.
- We invest heavily in monitoring and automated alerting using Datadog.
- We log application-level information using a proprietary logging pipeline, and leverage data analysis using Snowflake.
- We use Amplitude, Hotjar, and LogRocket for client-side metrics and experimentation.
- You have 2+ years of professional working experience in web development, and 1+ years of Python or Node on the backend, or React / Redux on the frontend
- You are willing to work with both backend and frontend parts of the stack, though the proportion of time spent doing each will be influenced by your interests
- You have experience working with web services and are comfortable tackling system design challenges
- You are interested in building products in a startup environment: moving quickly, being data-driven, wearing multiple hats, and continuously learning.
- You are highly motivated, have a strong sense of ownership, and are able to drive complex projects end-to-end
- You are a strong communicator, and able to thrive on an agile team, contributing to: standups, sprint ceremonies, and quarterly project planning, and working with various internal and external stakeholders
Perks & Benefits
- We are a Remote-first company, we offer flexible working hours with complete work-from-home freedom and a guilt-free unlimited vacation policy
- Enjoy employee rewards, and travel discounts using SnapTravel
- Competitive salaries, equity options, full benefits from day one, wellness budgets, and paid development – we’ve got you covered!
- UberEats credits, meal budgets, special treats, and team lunches. When in the office, enjoy daily snack services and unlimited coffee, tea, and other drinks
- Supporting continued growth with Learning & Development, Diversity & Inclusion events, TED talk Tuesdays, and Lunch & Learn opportunities
- We welcome new additions with a generous EI top-up, parental leave, additional vacation, and a flexible return-to-work plan
- Game nights, Happy Hours, internal hackathons, team building games, workouts, and more
We Believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If needed, please notify our Talent Acquisition Partner.