Sutro Li, a for-profit company dedicated to supporting our nonprofit clients, is seeking a new team member for our cloud-based accounting team. The Accounting Team Manager will lead a dedicated team of 3 accountants.
Our services are provided through cloud applications such as Xero, Jirav, Bill.com, Gusto, Plooto, Asana, and Notion. Our ideal candidate will have experience working in cloud accounting applications and will be excited by new technology.
Our ideal candidate is passionate about helping nonprofits and other mission-based teams. They can anticipate the needs of our clients by leveraging at least 5 years prior experience in the nonprofit finance sector with budgets of $1-$10 million a year. We work with founders and executive directors in making key decisions, as well as with controllers and operations managers on day to day bookkeeping. Our ideal candidate will have experience working with different levels of an organization.
Sutro Li is a smart, kind, thoughtful, and curious team. We see our team as an opportunity to learn and co-create. In an industry traditionally bound by billable time, we measure our value on efficiency, quality, and impact, not billable hours. We are always learning new approaches and we embrace change. If you would like to develop your mastery in nonprofit finance and management alongside a team on the same journey, this could be the perfect opportunity.
If this sounds like a good fit for you, read on for more details, then apply by submitting a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Accounting Team Manager
- Create the framework for each meeting
- Balance client service with keeping a focused scope for each meeting
- Maintain a safe, open and equitable space for all meeting participants
Prioritization and Project Management
- Track deadlines within your team
- Identify training opportunities to enable your team’s productivity
- Identify drivers of urgency for your clients
- Manage deadlines over multiple projects / clients
Scope and Cost Negotiation
- Hold a place of strength and equality with clients
- Management of deliverables and timelines within our scopes of work
- Review the monthly tasks performed by India-based accounting team
- Final review of all audit schedules before they are shared with clients and/or auditors
Financial Statement Analysis and Client Training
- Provide real time solutions to questions clients have about their accounting process or their financial position
- Train clients in how to use Xero or other SAAS applications
Team Building and Organizational Development
- Help Sutro Li be as effective as possible in achieving its mission of delivering accounting services to great causes.
- Provide training and education to the India-based accounting team
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation depends on experience
- Health and dental
- 401(k) with employer match
- Paid holidays, PTO, maternity/paternity leave
- Home office stipend
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
About Sutro Li
We are forward looking accountants, change navigators, artists, and activists. We are accounting for great causes, and also great impacts.