Instructional design is the heart of our work at SweetRush, and the instructional designer is the person that makes that magic happen. Working as part of a cross-functional, highly creative team, the ID plans the instructional treatments to ensure that the learning solution is effective and engaging.
These future ID opportunities are freelance opportunities.
- Designs eLearning, vILT, ILT, performance support materials, and other materials as required.
- Actively collaborates with the Creative Director at the earliest phases of the project to design engaging and effective learning.
- Interviews SMEs to collect content.
- Research and create content based on client brand.
- Uses documents such as the design document and storyboard to communicate with the development team and the client.
- Presents and explains authored project documents (such as the design document and storyboard) to clients.
- Receives and incorporates feedback from clients, internal team, and the Lead ID.
Required Skills and Characteristics
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Minimum 7 years of experience in an educational, corporate training, or professional services environment, with an emphasis on eLearning and multimedia technologies
- Minimum 5 years of experience implementing adult learning principles
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs
- Ability to blend and implement multiple instructional modalities including vILT, ILT, eLearning
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and establish priorities
- Superb communicator on a remote/virtual team
- Confident, self-motivated, and detailed-oriented
- Capable of working effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Creative, innovative, flexible, and passionate about instructional design.
- Experience designing instruction that utilizes emerging technologies such as virtual reality, augmented reality, social learning, and gamification
- Experience with authoring tools such as Storyline, Rise, or Evolve
- Experience writing grants, proposals, responses to RFPs
- Experience as a trainer or teacher at any level
IF THE ABOVE DESCRIBES YOUR INTERESTS AND EXPERIENCE, PLEASE SUBMIT A CURRENT RESUME/PORTFOLIO AND YOUR TARGET HOURLY RATE WE LOOK FORWARD TO MEETING YOU!
About SweetRush Inc.
Dream for a moment that you have the expertise and tools to positively impact the lives of others. You can affect mindsets and behavior. You can help your organization grow, change, prosper, and thrive. The passionate pursuit of this expertise and development of these tools has been at the heart of the success SweetRush has experienced collaborating with clients who share the same dream.
SweetRush’s focus on team culture and mastery of performance improvement is reflected in a near-zero turnover of teammates, loyal clients, a 20-year track record of success, and a remarkable portfolio. Our work with clients has earned us extensive Gold awards from our peers and high ranking on the top training industry lists.
Every solution we deliver is infused with creativity. Instructional creativity allows us to discover effective and unique solutions to our clients’ challenges. Artistic creativity spurs us to create visually exciting, engaging user experiences. Technical creativity allows us to embrace new capabilities and platforms as they emerge, such as virtual reality, gamification, and mobile delivery. Cultural creativity empowers our clients to create the conditions that energize and empower their people and unleash the energy in their teams. Our Talent Solutions team builds on its unique knowledge of talent, team building, and learning and development to craft a unique, creative solution for clients who need the best temporary staff to augment their team. We apply the creative lens to all things, from project management to our treatment of our teammates, clients, and the planet.
We have a significant list of high-profile clients such as Google, CVS, Hilton, Bridgestone, Mondelez, Cisco, — and we are very good at keeping our clients happy and working with us year after year. We’ve developed a powerful authoring system that allows us to go well beyond what most vendors or off-the-shelf tools can offer and deliver, but we are also masters of the industry-standard tools and utilize them regularly.
We are over 250 people strong and have been in business since 2001. Every day, we give thanks for the trust of our world-class clients. Our deliverables span from analysis and curriculum mapping to the creation of blended training products, including live and virtual classroom training, custom-developed eLearning, and innovative use of emerging technologies.