The Tax Foundation’s Vice President of Global Projects manages the team members of the Tax Foundation’s Center for Global Policy and that team’s research agenda. They lend their expertise to ongoing international tax policy debates by authoring blogs and policy papers and engaging with relevant media. They work with other team leads to ensure consistency in policy recommendations and messages to external audiences and donors. They develop team members into high-performing policy experts that support the organization’s mission and strategic plan.
- Manages members of the global team and advises them on research agendas, project development, and timelines
- Leads critical research and engagement projects on emerging international tax policy issues
- Takes initiative to develop new research projects with the goal of advancing principled, pro-growth tax policies outside the U.S.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. The days and hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. For remote employees in time zones other than U.S. Eastern Time, arrangements can be made to adjust the daily work schedule to maintain overlap with other team members. Some travel and extended hours may be required.
Travel, including transatlantic travel, is a consistent part of this role.
Minimum Education, Experience, or Qualifications
- Advanced degree in economics, public policy, or political science
- 6-8 years of experience in economic data analysis and using quantitative tools for policy analysis
- Good communication and writing skills, with demonstrated experience researching and writing about tax policy
- Experience managing complex projects and members of a high-performing team of experts
- Experience developing strategic priorities and eliminating non-essential projects or tasks
- Proven ability to delegate tasks to other team members
- Data analysis skills and proficiency in Excel or other data analysis software
Additional Qualifications a Plus but Not Required
- Fluency in a language (other than English) spoken in a G7 country
- Experience working in a policy role at a finance ministry or comparable institution
- Knowledge of accounting and financial reporting standards
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
About Tax Foundation
The Tax Foundation is the nation’s leading independent tax policy 501(c)(3) nonprofit. Since 1937, our principled research, insightful analysis, and engaged experts have informed smarter tax policy at the federal, state, and global levels. For over 80 years, our goal has remained the same: to improve lives through tax policies that lead to greater economic growth and opportunity.