As a technical writer, you’ll not only develop how-to’s, reference, and in-depth conceptual documentation for new features, you’ll also help shape the design of service features, user interfaces, and APIs. Our writers work directly with development teams and customers in a fast-paced, fluid environment.
Our writers are technical, so a technical background that enables you to work effectively with software development engineers, product managers, technical program managers, and external builders is essential.
· Create, improve, and test customer-facing technical documentation and examples.
· Collaborate with engineering teams to create documentation describing key customer use cases.
· Work with technical editors to improve content quality.
· Gather, analyze, and respond to customer feedback and data to continuously improve the customer experience.
· Drive documentation planning with engineering teams and other partners.
· Provide input to engineering teams on the design of new and improved products and features.
· Work with the documentation team to help improve processes, systems, and tools.
· Define writing projects and determine priorities.
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud provider–from infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databases–to emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
· 3-5 years’ experience writing technical documentation or writing for a developer audience.
· Experience using one or more programming or scripting languages.
· Experience with web services and related technologies
· Experience with technologies for streaming technologies
· Experience working with editors and collaborating on content development with other writers
· Experience with Git or other distributed version control systems
· Experience with XML, reStructuredText, or Markdown-based documentation
· Passion to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.