Diversity, Equity, Accessibility, and Inclusion at Getty
Getty believes diversity, equity, accessibility and inclusion are essential to our excellence and to the execution of our mission. The Getty community values differences in the pursuit of inquiry and knowledge, mutual understanding, respect, trust, transparency, and cooperation. We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve and includes individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences. Individuals of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Under general supervision, provides technical assistance to end-users for computer hardware, software, and network related problems.
Major Job Responsibilities
- Acts as the first line replying to and delivery of requests for various hardware, software, peripheral, and networking technical assistance; escalates more complex problems as necessary for resolution
- Diagnoses and resolves basic and more complex problems; replies to escalated problems from clients; performs triage, provides remote problem resolution when possible, dispatches problems to associated groups throughout the organization, and dispatches out to clients for hardware issues not resolved remotely
- Technically able to resolve 70% of PC and/or Macintosh hardware or software assistance issues with minimal direction
- Configures and troubleshoots computing systems in a diverse environment
- Researches, recommends, and implements hardware and software purchases and configurations to meet customer needs and to help ensure compatibility with systems and architecture
- Works on technical projects requiring expertise and creativity in evaluation and deployment of technology
- Establishes, communicates, and implements standards used throughout the organization and contribute to the development of the user assistance strategy
- Investigates and tests new tools, systems, techniques, and software products
- Provides technical guidance and advanced training; may supervise lower level staff
- Associate college degree or equivalent in computer science preferred, or a combination of education and relevant experience
- 2-5 years of related experience with PC or Macintosh hardware or software user assistance
- Certification preferred in any of the following: Windows, Dell, Apple, Microsoft or Novell
- Experience installing and configuring desktop computer systems in a networked computing environment, and in applying diagnostic techniques for problem troubleshooting
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong ability to communicate professionally and collegially
- Ability to provide excellent customer service Ability to apply diagnostic techniques for problem troubleshooting
- Ability to follow instructions and documented procedures, as well as ability to provide feedback and compose and/or revise documented procedures
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, color, disability, ethnicity, familial status, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status.