At Good People, we create captivating digital experiences that help companies and creators forge deeper and longer-lasting relationships with their audience. Our work comes to life through beautiful web experiences, powerful online products, and authoritative content that generates influence. We’ve been hard at work since 2016. Throughout these years, we have worked with some of the most notable authors, bloggers, podcasters, and multi-channel internet creators in the world.
Our agency is looking for an experienced Technology Project Manager to take charge of technology (e.g. website design and development) projects for key client accounts. This role is an important, strategic piece of our plan to further elevate our web product team’s quality, reach, and value for marquee clients. In this role, you will have ample authority to lead others and make decisions in collaboration with talented web designers and developers as well as with our brilliant product management team. Suffice to say, this role is central to important work, wide-ranging in its creativity, and never ever dull. You will not find yourself bored in this position.
Specifically, as our Technology Project Manager, your job will be to coordinate people and processes to ensure that our projects are delivered on time, within budget, and to a quality standard that meets or exceeds both internal and client expectations. You will be the go-to person for everything involving a project’s organization and execution including, but not limited to, scope management, timeline management, communications management, task management, and project-level budget management. Your exciting workday will usually involve some combination of managing schedules, arranging assignments, and communicating progress to stakeholders in-house and client-side to enable successful decision making and maintain stakeholder alignment.
The ideal candidate for this role will be a well-organized leader who possesses an assertive, problem-solving attitude combined with empathetic communication and collaboration skills. Detailed responsibilities and requirements for this role are as follows:
- Coordinate internal resources and third party stakeholders (e.g. vendors, freelancers) for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope, and within budget
- Develop and design project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility, resource availability, and allocation
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders; Make sure that clients’ needs are met as projects evolve
- Establish and monitor a detailed project plan to track progress, assign tasks to internal teams, and assist with schedule management
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule, and costs
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools, and techniques
- Create, maintain, and distribute comprehensive project documentation, plans, and reports to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Issue all appropriate legal paperwork (e.g. contracts and terms of agreement)
- Ensure standards and requirements are met through conducting quality assurance tests
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Prepare budgets, track expenses, and predict future costs
- Break projects into doable tasks and set timeframes and goals
- Communicate project status to all participants
- Schedule regular meetings and record decisions (e.g. assigned tasks and next steps)
- Order resources, like equipment and software
- Experience in project management, from conception to delivery
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods
- Great educational background, preferably in the fields of computer science or engineering for technical project managers
- Solid technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Ability to prepare and interpret flowcharts, schedules and step-by-step action plans
- Solid organizational skills, including multitasking and time-management
- Ability to problem-solve creatively
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of performance evaluation and change management principles
- Familiarity with risk management and quality assurance control
- Knowledge of project management software (We use ClickUp.)
- A strong understanding of WordPress and website UI/UX design.
- Team spirit
- PMP / PRINCE2 certification is a plus
- Remote-First work environment.
- Competitive compensation, with annual reviews and merit increases.
- Health care plan (medical, dental & vision).
- Three weeks paid vacation (plus another week during the December holidays).
- 401k investment option.
- Company provided computer hardware and software.
- Company-sponsored learning program.
- Additional culture events, programs, and perks.