This is a full time position responsible for overseeing multiple functional areas within MyDay, The New School’s cloud-based HR and Finance systems powered by Workday. The Business Systems Analyst, Workday HCM, Recruiting, & Performance will work closely with central staff (e.g. HR, Provost Office) on Workday configuration changes, modifications and testing of business processes and other related activities.
Reporting to the Director, Workday Solutions Group (WSG) this position will be a part of the Workday Solutions Group in Information Technology, a team with a supportive and collaborative mindset.
The New School is strongly committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and particularly seeks applications from members of underrepresented groups, as well as candidates who share this commitment.
- Test and conduct configuration modifications to existing HCM, Recruiting, & Performance functionality.
- Recommend solutions to enhance/ improve the university’s current Workday configuration. Research impact of enhancements by identifying all areas to be updated and intersection of new functionality with current implementation.
- Serve as back up for the WSG leads and collaborate on cross functional work items.
- Collaborate with functional and technical stakeholders to optimize HR business processes to ensure the process runs smoothly and any issues are resolved quickly and effectively.
- Build project plans for configuration or business process modifications, work with functional users to develop test scenarios, and coordinate/oversee functional testing to ensure adequate review has been conducted prior to making updates in Production.
- Manage semi-annual Workday HCM, Recruiting, & Performance release testing process by coordinating review and assessment of release items. Set up regular meetings with WSG members and functional users to define testing schedules and sequencing of scenario testing.
- Serve as lead support on HCM, Recruiting, & Performance.
- Address user requests, individually by responding to tier 2 Cherwell tickets, and group concerns via requirement gathering meetings with functional users.
- Serve as back-up for other WSG functional areas.
- Troubleshoot HR integrations and consult with WSG Integrations Lead and Solutions.
- Team integration owner after gathering issue details.
- Have basic understanding of key system integrations to troubleshoot and support.
- Partner with Workday Security lead, other WSG members and functional leads on user access issues related to reports or business processes; Gather clear security requirements on planned enhancements or release items for Workday Security Lead action and assist with testing of solutions.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Workday, including business processes, configuration and reporting; Understanding of HCM, Recruiting and/or Performance functionality.
- Robust project management, organizational and analytical skills, keen attention to details and ability to document changes, processes and test plans.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field required.
- Extensive working experience with Workday in a large, complex organization.
- Work history in higher education.
- Remote – Employees in this position will work remotely primarily, but are subject to advanced notice to be present on campus, as necessary. The university has designated specific states in which this opportunity is available, including New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Arizona, California, Florida, Illinois, and Missouri.
$83,000 – $93,000
We look forward to receiving your application!