At Weights & Biases, our mission is to build the best developer tools for machine learning. ML engineers love using our tools day to day as a core part of their workflows, and our user base is growing quickly. We’re hiring a Tier 1 Support Engineer to help maintain world-class support as we grow.
Support is a deep part of our culture here at W&B. We believe that the best way to build a great product is to listen to real users and follow their lead to shape our priorities and roadmap. In this role, you will work on a diverse set of problems in a fast-moving environment, collaborate cross-functionally with our team to support our users, and help shape our product.
Your main goal will be to quickly get answers to all user messages. Customers write in with highly technical questions, suggestions, or bug reports, and we need to give them timely responses to fulfill SLAs. In this role, you will act as the face of the company and the first line of support in North American Time Zones. Ideally, we’re looking for someone with technical skills who would like to support our customer base. If you’ve found yourself wanting to be more external but still build programming/machine learning skills, this is the role for you.
Weights & Biases is a series C company with over $200 million in funding and a rapidly growing user base. Our platform is an essential piece of the daily work for machine learning engineers, from academic research institutions to massive enterprise teams including iRobot, Samsung, NVIDIA, Salesforce, GitHub, Blue Cross, Lyft, and more.
Role and Responsibilities
- Quickly respond to all inbound support requests including email, live chat and community forums
- Triage bugs and requests based on customer type and severity of issue
- Track inbound and outbound responses to ensure contact SLAs are being met
- Maintain a fast response time for entire user base
- Collaborate with the engineering and product team when troubleshooting issues and providing feedback on features
- Recognize trends in user messages to help identify areas of improvement in internal or external documentation
- Learn W&B product features and build up knowledge base to resolve issues on your own
- 2+ Programming experience, from either an engineering role, a computer science degree, or personal projects
- Python expert
- Experience using any of the following: Keras, Tensorborad, Tensorflow, Pytorch, Pytorch Lightning, Jupyter notebooks, colabs, matplotlib and other ML frameworks and tools
- A passion for connecting with real users and enabling them to be power users of the product
- Good organization of assigned requests to oversee timely followup for every message
- Work autonomously in a self-directed environment
- Proactively find ways to improve processes and collaborate internally
- Answer messages with a kind, thoughtful tone that makes users feel appreciated and connected to our team
- Interest in machine learning
- Have worked in a small stage startup previously
- Previous experience in machine learning
- Customer service experience in a technical SaaS environment
- Experience in frontend frameworks
Why join W&B?
- This role gives you first-hand experience working on debugging integrations with real-world machine learning models.
- Representing our customers, you will have the opportunity to shape the product’s direction.
- We have extensive experience working with companies to turn machine learning research projects into scalable, real-world deployments.
- We have an experienced founding team including the founders of CrowdFlower (now Figure Eight), a successful startup in the machine learning space. They watched hundreds of companies struggle to deploy machine learning models, and the same problems show up repeatedly. Our tools at Weights & Biases are directly addressing these core needs in the industry.
- Customers genuinely benefit from using our tool. Here’s a quote from Wojciech Zaremba, Cofounder and Robotics Lead at OpenAI: “W&B allows us to scale up insights from a single researcher to the entire team, and from a single machine to hundreds of them.”
- 🏝️ Unlimited vacation time
- 🩺 100% Medical, Dental, and Vision for employees and Family Coverage
- 🏠 Remote first culture with in-office flexibility in San Francisco
- 💵 $500 home office budget with new high-powered laptop
- 🥇 Truly competitive salary and equity
- 🚼 12 weeks of Parental leave
- 📈 401(k)
We encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn’t perfectly align with the job description. Team members who love to learn and collaborate in an inclusive environment will flourish here. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org.