Location: US & Canada Locations; 100%. Remote
- Lead development of Typescript-based React Native cross-platform mobile applications.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for React Native mobile application development that includes configuration, setup of application structure and integration with multiple internal and 3rd party data systems.
- Assist in designing mobile app technical architecture and design.
- Develop and perform unit testing and source code control.
- Estimate level of effort and duration for development story and task requests, change requests, and defect fixes.
- Advise on how best to leverage React Native alongside other application technologies for YPO’s mobile development needs.
- Consult and suggest improvements to 3rd party systems (API or WebView) to better integrate into performance focused React Native mobile applications.
- Ad hoc analysis and projects as needed.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a multi-cultural organization with international members, helping them achieve excellence in voluntary roles for YPO initiatives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including strong diplomacy skills with the ability to build meaningful relationships with all levels of associates, members, and vendors. Adaptable, insightful, empathetic, and reliable. Great sense of humor and humility.
- Able to maintain discretion and integrity of confidential information.
- Resourceful and able to work independently with initiative and good judgement. Effective time management, organization, and prioritization skills with the ability to focus on varied projects simultaneously.
- Possess a distinct global mindset, sensitive to local and international customs and protocols.
- Able to identify problems, research alternatives, provide solutions and/or resolve issues in a timely manner. Anticipates member needs and delivers with clarity.
- Analytical thinker with ability influence and guide processes with appropriate approach and execution. Natural curiosity and desire to learn more; proficiency and interest in applying new technologies and tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including proof reading, with a meticulous attention to detail. Adjusts communication style appropriately to the audience.
- Professional presence, appearance, and stature to interact easily with YPO members, C-level executives, and high-profile corporate leaders.
- 5-7 years’ experience creating API-driven web- and/or mobile-applications.
- 5-7 years’ experience working within a multi-disciplinary development team environment.
- 3-5 years’ experience creating both iOS and Android applications with React Native in a development leadership role, with at least one published application for reference.
- 3-5 years’ experience working within an Agile development workflow using ADO or Jira
- Experience integrating native and WebView-based systems with cohesive navigation & authentication systems.
- Azure DevOps CI/CD or similar
- Ability to interpret abstract technical ideas and concepts effectively and translate them into architecture descriptions and code.
- Ability to write well-documented, easily maintainable code.
- Vue and React development experience preferred.
- Kotlin and Swift development experience preferred.
- User Interface design and development experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience required.
- Ability to work flexible and/or extended hours as needed to accommodate members and team members in multiple time zones.
- Willingness and ability to travel, domestically and internationally, without restrictions, approximately 2-5% per year.