Do you want to be a key part of a team focused on increasing the reach of cloud computing across stakeholders in Academic Medicine? Do you have the industry background, technical depth, and sales skills needed to help further establish Amazon as the leader in the market segment? Academic Medical Centers are under pressure to reduce costs, innovate at scale and improve operational performance, and they are looking to the Cloud to modernize their operations. AWS is looking for a sales specialist who understands business trends impacting the industry and is passionate and capable of driving growth across R1 University Healthcare in the Western US for AWS.
Your responsibilities will include engaging with large strategic School of Medicine, Research Community and health system customers and their existing AWS account teams to qualify and pursue sales opportunities. You will engage with our business development teams, solutions architects, partner and professional services organizations to drive large opportunities to closure.
The ideal candidate will have a business, pre-sales, or consulting background with experience working with customers in Academic Medicine, and demonstrated experience interacting at the CxO/VP level with a good understanding of healthcare services and Health IT systems. He/she should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Serve as a key member of the Higher Education sales team to drive overall revenue growth with the Academic Medical Centers.
· Build pipeline by engaging with key prospects and partners
· Present business reviews and provide escalation material to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to expanding our reach in the industry.
· Manage complex contract negotiations and liaise effectively with the legal group.
For more information: https://aws.amazon.com/education/higher-ed/
Basic Qualifications· 7+ years of enterprise sales or business development experience with quota accountability and a track record of meeting or exceeding sales targets year over year.
· 5+ years’ experience working directly with large Academic Medical Center and/or Healthcare accounts, selling enterprise technology solutions like cloud and/or healthcare applications.
· Fundamental understanding of cloud principles – IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS.
· Bachelor’s degree
Preferred Qualifications· Strong network inside of Academic Medical Center community of partners, customers, and industry influencers.
· Experiences building and/or using AWS services.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.