Additional locations include remote work in Arizona.
Would you like to own driving the revenue for a leader in cloud computing with state and local government customers? Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing awareness and adoption of Amazon Web Services (AWS). Do you have the business acumen, relationships, government sales experience and the technical background necessary to help further establish Amazon as a leading cloud platform provider? Amazon Web Services is expanding in the U.S. Public Sector market, and this group within Amazon offers a creative, fast paced, entrepreneurial work environment where you’ll be at the center of Amazon innovation.
As an Account Manager within Amazon Web Services (AWS) you will have the opportunity to help drive the adoption and growth of emerging cloud-based technologies. More importantly, you’ll help government customers transform their IT services and significantly improve the citizen experience. Your responsibilities will include developing and managing a growing customer base for our mid-market accounts. You will deepen business and technical relationships and launch new customer services by helping to define, identify and pursue key opportunities. This includes determining the most effective go-to-market strategies and collaborating with AWS Solution Architects, Partners, Legal, Marketing, Product, Capture/Contracts and Executive leadership.
You will establish deep business and technical relationships through your knowledge of the customer’s goals and environment. You will have day-to-day interactions with customers and our eco-system of partners (SI’s and ISV’s) that support these customers. The ideal candidate will possess both a sales and technical background that enables them to drive an engagement at the CXO level as well as with software developers and IT architects. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about government priorities and technical challenges and to convey compelling technical solutions to them.
In this role, you will:
· Drive revenue and market share in a defined region.
· Serve as a key member of the AWS Public Sector team, helping to advance our market and technical strategy.
· Articulate and implement strategic territory and account plans aligned to AWS’s strategic direction.
· Understand the technical considerations, certifications, and procurement processes specific to the public sector.
· Identify specific prospects/partners/channels to approach while communicating a relevant value proposition for you customer.
· Work closely with customers to ensure that they understand relevant cloud use cases, are successful using AWS services, and are able to build the technical resources required to fully embrace cloud services.
· Understand the technical requirements of your customers and work closely with their IT development team(s) to guide the direction of our product offerings for developers.
· Collaborate with AWS’s Legal team and others to manage complex contract negotiations.
· Maintain an accurate and robust pipeline and forecast of business opportunities.
· Develop and manage the sales pipeline by engaging with prospects, partners, and key customers.
· Prepare and deliver business reviews to the senior management team regarding quarterly and yearly strategies that align with revenue growth expectations.
· Accelerate customer adoption and ensure customer satisfaction.
· Expect moderate travel
For more information, visit https://aws.amazon.com/stateandlocal/
Basic Qualifications· 3+ years of outside sales and/or business development experience with a focus on selling to cities within AZ and/or CO
· 3+ years of technology sales experience selling enterprise software, networking, infrastructure, managed hosting services, or cloud computing services
· BA/BS degree required
Preferred Qualifications· Bachelors degree in engineering, computer science, or MIS
· Technical background in software applications, networking, big data analytical tools, web application development, cybersecurity, etc.
· Demonstrated history of consistently exceeding sales quota
· Experience selling to a variety of state executive agencies (including health care and human services, transportation, and revenue), the judiciary, and local law enforcement and public safety entities.
· Extensive customer network
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.