Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing adoption of AWS by developing new and emerging accounts within the Education Technology market? Do you have the business savvy and the technical background necessary to help establish Amazon as a key technology platform provider?
AWS is expanding into the U.S. Education market, and the Education Technology group within Amazon offers a creative, fast paced, entrepreneurial work environment where you’ll be at the center of Amazon innovation. As an EdTech Territory Manager, you will have the exciting opportunity to help drive the growth and shape the future for new and emerging accounts.
Your responsibilities will include driving revenue, adoption, and market penetration in this account. The ideal candidate will possess both a sales and technical background that enables them to drive an engagement at the CXO level as well as with software developers and IT architects.
He/she should also be a self-starter who is prepared to develop and execute against a territory coverage plan and consistently deliver on quarterly revenue targets.
· Drive revenue and market share in a defined territory
· Meet or exceed quarterly revenue targets
· Develop and execute against a comprehensive territory plan
· Create & articulate compelling value propositions around AWS services
· Accelerate customer adoption
· Maintain a robust sales pipeline
· Work with partners to extend reach & drive adoption
· Manage contract negotiations
· Develop long-term strategic relationships with key accounts
· Ensure customer satisfaction
· Expect some travel to different subsidiaries – some global travel may be needed
· Coordinate across multiple Amazon stakeholders to help service the different geographic needs of this customer
** For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com **
Basic Qualifications· 8+ years of direct field experience selling software or cloud solutions.
· Experience in identifying, developing, negotiating, and closing large-scale technology deals.
· 8+ years experience in positioning and selling technology in new customers and new market segments.
· 5+ years experience in proactively growing customer relationships within an account while expanding their understanding of the customer’s business.
· 5+ years experience communicating and presenting to senior leadership.
· BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience required.
Preferred Qualifications· A technical background in engineering, computer science, or MIS a plus
· Successful candidates will understand the customer business context, can define technology solutions that are aligned with business requirements, and ultimately drive specific business outcomes and business value
· Track record of developing sustainable new business
· Strong verbal and written communications skills.
Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/ Age.