Do you want to be a key part of a team focused on increasing the reach of cloud computing across stakeholders in Academic Medical Centers? Do you have the industry background, technical depth, and communication skills needed to help further establish Amazon as the leader in the market segment? Academic Medical Centers are under pressure to reduce costs, innovate at scale and improve operational performance, and they are looking to the Cloud to modernize their operations. AWS is looking for a senior Sales leader who understands business trends impacting the industry and is passionate and capable of leading a sales team driving AWS adoption across University Healthcare, leveraging the richness of the AWS cloud computing platform to position and drive the right technology solutions, enable the ecosystem, and address changing healthcare industry needs.
Your responsibilities will include building and managing a highly talented healthcare sales team focused on driving revenue, implementing solutions to affect positive outcomes, creating key partnerships for scale, and building momentum in the market by creating significant new business opportunities for AWS. Your healthcare sales team selling to Academic Medical Centers will drive day-to-day interactions with key thought leaders and work closely with AWS Solutions Architects to develop and promote cloud patterns and solutions for the industry. The ideal candidate will possess a technology sales management background working with customers in Academic Medical Centers with a good understanding of healthcare services and Health IT systems to lead a team of senior sales representatives engaging with CXO level customers. He/she should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, end to end product solutions, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Serve as a key member of the Education team to drive overall AWS market and technical strategy for the Academic Medical Centers.
· Create a clear partner and Professional Services strategy demonstrating the ability to scale reach and drive adoption and great customer experiences.
· Hire, coach and develop your sales team to make them successful.
· Meet or exceed revenue targets.
· Build sales pipeline by engaging with key prospects and partners.
· Develop long-term strategic relationships with key accounts.
· Manage complex contract negotiations and liaise effectively with the legal group.
· Understand the use of salesforce.com and other internal Amazon systems.
· Expect 40% travel.
For more information on AWS, please visit http://aws.amazon.com.
Basic Qualifications· 10+ years of technology sales or business development experience in or selling to the Healthcare industry
· 5+ years of sales management experience working for a technology vendor selling Enterprise solutions
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Preferred Qualifications· Strong leadership skills are key, with proven verbal and written communications skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
· Relevant technical knowledge is helpful, such as: database systems, IoT, core distributed computing concepts, fundamentals of cloud computing and virtualization, storage systems, etc. with ability to go deep enough on relevant technologies key to the industry.
· Credible knowledge base of healthcare industry trends and innovative technology services to support industry transformation, such as advanced analytics, machine learning and data science.
· Education- an MBA is desired; technical background with Computer Science, and/or Engineering/Math background is highly desired; working knowledge of software development practices and data center / infrastructure / networking technologies highly desired.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.