Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing the adoption of Amazon Web Services in the Higher Education market? Do you have the business savvy and the technical background necessary to help establish Amazon as a key technology platform provider for Universities? Amazon Web Services is expanding in the U.S. Public Sector market, and the Education group within Amazon offers a creative, fast paced, entrepreneurial work environment where you’ll be at the center of Amazon innovation.
We are looking for an experienced Mid-Market Sales Representative to focus on Higher Education institutions.You have sales experience in Education with a terrific reputation for overachieving quota while focusing on the customer. You are a self-starter who is prepared to develop and execute against a territory coverage plan and consistently deliver on quarterly revenue targets. You have both a sales and technical background that enables you to drive an engagement at the CXO level as well as with software developers and IT architects.
You are an exceptionally strong and creative thinker who thrives in a team environment and embraces all aspects of selling. You enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
· This role will focus on NY and NJ customers.
· Drive revenue and market share in a defined territory and industry vertical
· Meet or exceed quarterly revenue targets
· Develop and execute against a comprehensive account/territory plan
· Create & articulate compelling value propositions around AWS services
· Accelerate customer adoption
· Maintain a robust sales pipeline
· Work with partners to extend reach & drive adoption
· Manage contract negotiations
· Develop long-term strategic relationships with key accounts
· Ensure customer satisfaction
· Travel as necessary
For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit https://aws.amazon.com/education/
Basic Qualifications· 5-7 years of enterprise technology sales related sales or business development experience with experience selling software solutions to the Higher Education market
· BA/BS degree or eqivalent experience required
· Experience selling to Mid Market Education accounts
Preferred Qualifications· Experience selling to Mid Market Education accounts
· Strong verbal and written communications skills
· Good customer network
· Strong leadership skills
· A technical background in engineering, computer science, or MIS
· MBA degree in relevant field