Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing the adoption of Amazon Web Services in the State and Local Government market? Do you have the business savvy and the technical background necessary to help establish Amazon as a key technology platform provider? Amazon Web Services is expanding into the U.S. Public Sector market, and this new group within Amazon offers a creative, fast paced, entrepreneurial work environment where you’ll be at the center of Amazon innovation.
We are looking for an experienced Enterprise Sales Representative to focus on State and Local Government. The ideal candidate has sales experience in this vertical with a terrific reputation for overachieving quota while focusing on the customer. S/he should also be a self-starter who is prepared to develop and execute against a territory coverage plan and consistently deliver on quarterly revenue targets. The ideal candidate will possess both a sales and technical background that enables them to drive an engagement at the CXO level as well as with software developers and IT architects. The Enterprise Sales Representative will be an exceptionally strong and creative thinker who thrives in a team environment and embraces all aspects of selling. S/he must be able to work in fast-paced, dynamic environment and have very strong verbal and written communication skills.
Preference for employee to sit in Minnesota.
Basic Qualifications· 7+ years of technology related sales or business development experience
· 7+ years direct field sales experience working with Enterprise accounts within the Public Sector markets of State of Minnesota
· BA/BS degree or equivalent experience required
Preferred Qualifications· Experience with Cloud technology
· Demonstrated success with Enterprise Accounts in the Public Sector, preferably within state/local government (SLG)
· Software licensing background
· Demonstrated ability to build a customer network
· Degree in engineering, computer science, or MIS
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity
For more information, visit https://aws.amazon.com/stateandlocal/
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.