This role will focus on North Central US customers and may be worked from Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Illinois.
Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing the adoption of Amazon Web Services in the Higher Education market? Do you have the business savvy and the technical background necessary to help establish Amazon as a key technology platform provider for universities? Amazon Web Services is expanding in the U.S. Public Sector market, and the Education group within Amazon offers a creative, fast paced, entrepreneurial work environment where you’ll be at the center of Amazon innovation.
We are looking for an experienced Account Executive to focus on Higher Education institutions with sales experience in Education and a terrific reputation for overachieving quota while focusing on the customer. We’re looking for a self-starter who is prepared to develop and execute against a territory coverage plan and consistently deliver on quarterly revenue targets. A great candidate will have both a sales and technical background that enables you to drive an engagement at the CXO level as well as with software developers and IT architects. Work with major college or university systems and deep executive engagement (to president or chancellor level) is desired.
The Education team seeks an exceptionally strong and creative thinker who thrives in a team environment, embraces all aspects of selling, and enjoys working in a fast-paced, dynamic setting.
The successful candidate will:
· Drive revenue and market share in a defined territory and industry vertical
· Meet or exceed quarterly revenue targets
· Develop and execute against a comprehensive account/territory plan
· Create & articulate compelling value propositions around AWS services
· Accelerate customer adoption
· Maintain a robust sales pipeline
· Work with partners to extend reach & drive adoption
· Manage contract negotiations
· Develop long-term strategic relationships with key accounts
· Ensure customer satisfaction
· Travel as necessary
Basic Qualifications· 10+ years of technology-related sales or business development experience with solutions in the Education market.
· 5+ years account management experience working for technology vendor selling Enterprise solutions.
· BA/BS degree required.
Preferred Qualifications· Experienced Account Manager focused on higher education enterprise and mid-market accounts.
· Strong verbal and written communications skills.
· Good customer network.
· Strong leadership skills.
· Cloud technical understanding (especially AWS) a strong plus.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit https://aws.amazon.com/education/