Do you want to be a key part of a team focused on increasing the reach of cloud computing across US Higher Education institutions? Do you have the industry background, technical depth, communication skills, and the capacity to strategize and execute required to help further establish Amazon as the leader in the market segment? AWS is looking for a Business Development leader who understands business trends impacting the Higher Education industry and is passionate about and capable of driving market development in the Higher Ed industry for AWS.
Your responsibilities will include: Thinking Big – you will identify customer and business needs and then create appropriate, scalable strategies to create significant new business opportunities. Executing – beyond initiating and designing strategic projects, you also need to be capable of excellent project execution, implementing new solutions in conjunction with the Higher Ed management team and executive leadership. Collaborating – the successful creation and execution of strategic initiatives and tactics will involve engaging across various internal stakeholders, strategic customers, and partners. Market Intelligence and Analysis – you will identify and track trends to build both solutions and campaigns to enable the AWS Higher Ed sales teams to accelerate business objectives and increase of efficiency and effectiveness. You may work closely with AWS Sales Ops team, Solutions Architects, and/or Amazon Product or Services teams to develop and promote cloud patterns and solutions for the industry to accelerate rapid, meaningful cloud adoptions.
The ideal candidate will have a business and product background with experience working with Higher Ed customers, including interacting at the CxO/VP level. He/she should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, solution, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, teamwork, and drive are a must-haves.
Roles & Responsibilities May Include:
– Serving as a key member of the Higher Ed team to identify initiatives to accelerate sales, solve problems for customers, and increase efficiencies within our organization.
– Creating and executing on a strategic initiatives in partnership with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, service teams, legal, support, etc.).
– Understanding the business objectives and technical requirements of our customers, working closely with the appropriate internal teams to solve problems, create solutions, and drive new opportunities/strategies.
– Understand the use of salesforce.com and other internal Amazon systems, as well as the Sales Ops processes that govern our business.
– Presenting periodic business reviews and escalation material to the leadership team regarding progress and roadblocks to expanding our reach in Higher Ed.
– Handling a high volume of special projects, engagements, and interactions in the rapid pace of the cloud computing market.
For more information: https://aws.amazon.com/education/higher-ed/
Basic Qualifications– 10+ years of business development or product management experience in or selling to the Education/EdTech industry.
– 5+ years of experience leading business development activities including presenting to all levels of technical and non-technical leadership internally and for external organizations.
– Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
Preferred Qualifications– Strong leadership skills are key, with proven verbal and written communications skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
– Deep knowledge of Education industry trends and innovative technology services to support industry transformation, such as advanced analytics, machine learning and data science.
· Experience bringing products or solutions to market built on AWS services
(Preferred locations: US Virtual – or Mid-Atlantic, Seattle, Austin)