Are you a sales manager who revels in driving enthusiasm in your team and invention with your customers? Would you like to be part of a new team focused on increasing adoption of Amazon Web Services by developing the red-hot SMB market? Do you want to work with technology ground breakers and creators?
AWS is seeking a world-class professional to manage a newly created SMB sales team growing our customer relationships in the Caribbean and Central America.
The SMB Sales Manager will be responsible for helping providing business leadership and management across a senior sales team, providing strategic advice to their customers. They will build and maintain key relationships, develop and manage opportunities, monitor deployment projects and engage virtual resources. They will help define a CXO relationship strategy within the account, including engaging with AWS senior leadership team for executive sponsorships, coordinating executive business reviews, and maintaining customer satisfaction.
The SMB Sales Manager is responsible for teaming with the customer’s IT organization to help build strategic relationships across the account, articulating a clear vision and generating enthusiasm, while impacting all business groups. They are responsible for working at the most senior level within the account and help implementing a broad strategy for earning customer acceptance and service implementation.
The SMB Sales Manager will work with all appropriate AWS resources (Executives, Solution Architects, Business Development, Marketing, Partners, Support, Service teams and Professional Services) to support customer interests. This includes dotted line responsibility, and may include management of a team. Development of formal case studies and other forms of references highlighting activity and workloads running on AWS is core to the role.
· Lead and manage an SMB sales team.
· Drive revenue and market share in a defined territory.
· Meet or exceed quarterly revenue targets.
· Develop and execute against a comprehensive account/territory plan.
· Create & articulate compelling value propositions around AWS services.
· Accelerate customer adoption.
· Maintain a robust sales pipeline & reporting.
· Work with partners to extend reach & drive adoption.
· Posses the technical ability to explain (not implement) Cloud Computing, infrastructure solutions (Server, Storage, DC Services) & Internet architectures (firewalls, load balancers, etc).
· Develop case studies.
· Manage contract negotiations.
· Develop long-term strategic relationships with key accounts.
· Ensure customer satisfaction.
· Expect moderate travel.
** For more information on AWS, please visit http://aws.amazon.com **
Basic Qualifications· 10+ years’ experience in sales engaging at CXO level with a background from consulting, cloud, high-tech or related fields.
· 5+ years’ experience motivating & managing a sales team.
· Direct field experience in working within SMB accounts.
· Strong verbal and written communications skills.
· Fully bilingual (English/Spanish).
· Extensive customer & contact network.
· Sales experience with virtualization/infrastructure solutions a bonus.
· Experience in Caribbean and Central America markets.
· BA/BS degree required
Preferred Qualifications· A technical background in engineering, computer science, or MIS is a plus
· Strong leadership skills
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.