The DevOps operating model is the combination of cultural philosophies, practices, and tools that helps organizations deliver end-to-end applications and infrastructure solutions safely and at high velocity.
We are seeking a DevOps Consultant who has served as a technical expert in a lead DevOps role. The ideal candidate has hands-on implementation experience of various practices and tools in the DevOps toolchain. He/she is comfortable rolling up their sleeves to design and code modules for infrastructure, application and processes and will both assist on large projects and run smaller projects independently.
· Build and deliver projects, technical workshops, and lead implementation projects with customers that focus on customer solutions such as web applications, enterprise applications, high performance computing, batch processing, big data, archiving, disaster recovery, migration, security risk and compliance.
· Provide direct to the customer, back office and packaged delivery consulting services to customers remotely from a centralized location.
Travel to customer locations may be required.
Basic Qualifications· 5+ years of experience as a technical specialist.
· 3+ years of experience with mainline programming and scripting languages such as Shell, Python, Ruby, Perl, Java, .Net, or C++.
· 3+ years of experience with building and managing release systems, code merging and promotion, and CI/CD workflows and tools.
· 3+ years of experience working with and delivering using Agile practices.
· Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience.
Preferred Qualifications· Experience with CloudFormation, Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible in production environments.
· Knowledge of IP networking, VPN’s, DNS, load balancing and firewall
· Experience with monitoring and log aggregating frameworks like CloudWatch, Datadog, Splunk, Opentracing, AWS X-Ray, and APM tools.
· Experience with revision control source code repositories (Git, SVN, Mercurial, Perforce)
· Management of continuous integration servers like Jenkins, Bamboo and TeamCity
· Experience with development and automated testing.
· Understanding of microservices and distributed application architecture.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate core DevOps concepts (CI/CD, Agile & Automation frameworks.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.