Do you have IT consulting leadership experience deploying technology and IT transformations within Fortune 500 enterprise organizations across DevOps technologies, disciplines, practices and transformations? Have you built and led successful, North American IT consulting practices? Do you have broad technical skills and experience across all aspects of Agile execution, automation and CI/CD engineering and associated technologies and infrastructure? Can you build and lead a large DevOps technical specialty team to deliver new capabilities to our enterprise customers? Can you build and lead DevOps transformation (all dimensions) helping customers leverage the AWS platform?
At AWS, we’re hiring executive advisors and highly technical architects to help AWS partners develop technical expertise and capacity. We work with our partners on joint enterprise customer engagements around the world. Our AWS consultants deliver IT infrastructure architecture guidance, lead proof-of-concept projects, perform enterprise portfolio assessments, review operational best practices and conduct skills transfer workshops. AWS consultants collaborate with customers and partners to address security and compliance, performance and scale, availability and manageability. They advise customers on migrating existing systems and building new systems using the full range of AWS services. They also assist with the non-technical change management work on policies, processes and people changes.
We’re looking for an experienced leader to build our DevOps AWS North Central Region professional services specialty team. The team will be deep technically in their specialty area. The role will build a team of DevOps experts and travel as needed across the region to support our customers in a wide variety of scenarios as they progress through their AWS migration, optimization and transformations. They will have a strong combination of technical experience and people skills. They will be fast learners and effective coaches. They will collaborate with multiple AWS engineering teams as well as the Global Specialty Practice to introduce and refine new platform web services for the largest enterprises. The team will harvest, package and publish best practices and repeatable offerings for AWS and Amazon flavored Agile execution, AWS automation and CI/CD engineering working with our partner community to accelerate their transition to a cloud based IT model using AWS.
· Engage customers – collaborate with sales leaders and engineering teams to drive design wins and AWS platform adoption. Provide leadership as our customers progress through their migration to AWS along with their optimization of people, process and technology optimization. Provide leadership on various IT disciplines such as Amazon-flavored Agile execution, automation and CI/CD of the AWS platform and third party tools and solutions.
· Build and lead great teams – attract top technical talent to build high performing teams of consultants with superior technical depth, and outstanding customer relationship skills, and a career focus on the DevOps on AWS transformation (technical and process) specialty. Assemble and develop the very best in the world.
· Develop partnerships – proactively develop industry solution maps for DevOps on AWS transformation (technical and process) specialty and engage the leading solution and service providers. Drive collaboration and integration between multiple partners to deliver comprehensive solutions for large enterprises.
· Learn and teach – build a DevOps North American based AWS team. Work with the global AWS professional services leadership team and specialty practices to hire, develop, train, and enable the DevOps on AWS practice. Work with them to learn the newest platform services quickly. Support them in harvesting and publishing best practices to broader field and partner teams. Deliver internal and external training and mentorship of DevOps and Agile execution, leveraging Amazon’s reputation in the market. Also, guide them to engage individual project teams and teach the implementation processes and skills related to their technical specialty.
· Make new markets – develop the engagement model for driving the design wins for the DevOps on AWS transformation (technical and process) specialty, to open new market segments and clear the way for cloud-based IT using AWS in all aspects of DevOps engineering.
· Be a customer advocate – Work with AWS engineering service teams to convey deep technical requirements from partners and customers as input to AWS technology roadmaps.
· Deliver value – lead high quality delivery of a variety of deeply technical engagements with partners and enterprise customers in the commercial and public sectors, enabling breakthrough business outcomes for customers.
· Engage other Specialty Practice teams – Engage and create cohesiveness and strategy with other Specialty Practice teams to maximize synergies which will drive breakthrough business outcomes for customers.
· Curate reusable assets – lead your AWS team in the assembly and rollout of packaged offers designed to optimize customer impact, leveraging field experiences and outcomes.
Basic Qualifications· Outstanding customer relationship management experience and collaboration skills
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
· People leadership as manager of managers; team size >20 with related goals/KPI’s, focused on DevOps transformation involving sales, delivery, partner management, and people development
· Experience delivering DevOps technology solutions to Fortune 500 enterprise customers through the scoping, selling and delivery of consulting services to enable DevOps and associated technologies and cloud services
· Definition, creation, delivery, and management of methods and capabilities for DevOps on AWS migration, implementation, and operations and optimization accelerators
· Deep understanding of cloud computing change management challenges and solutions
· Deep and advanced experience and understanding of leading Agile ecosystems (SAFE, Scrum, Kanban) and Lean systems thinking.
· Enterprise architecture successes including virtualization technologies & distributed architecture
· Highly strategic and analytical, possessing 15 or more years of relevant IT experience
· BS level degree required, computer science, business or math background preferred;
Preferred Qualifications· Visible IT Industry thought leadership on relevant topics related to cloud-based enterprise IT
· Experience with design of modern, scalable delivery models for technology consulting services
· Business development experience including complex agreements w/ integrators and ISVs
· Familiarity with compliance & security standards including PCI DSS, ISO 27001, HIPAA, and NIST
· DevOps and Developer AWS Certifications
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.