Do you want to be a pioneer in one of the most exciting areas in the technology space? Come build the future with Amazon Web Services (AWS) as the Director of Strategic Customer Engagements (SCE) for the Global Financial Services (GFS) industry vertical.
As the Director, SCE for the GFS industry vertical, you will be a highly-customer facing leader of leaders owning very complex deals. You will establish initiatives to drive future business in the vertical in a programmatic manner with a global impact: all while while building and developing a high profile, high-performing team based in various countries. Your leadership of the SCE deals team will include developing and shaping the opportunity deal strategy and structure, and driving the negotiations and customer closure for strategic, large, complex or highly competitive deals.
More about AWS:
For over 12 years, Amazon Web Services has been the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform. AWS offers over 165 fully featured services for compute, storage, databases, networking, analytics, robotics, machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI), Internet of Things (IoT), mobile, security, hybrid, virtual and augmented reality (VR and AR), media, and application development, deployment, and management from 60 Availability Zones (AZs) within 20 geographic regions, spanning the U.S., Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Ireland, Japan, Korea, Singapore, Sweden, and the UK. AWS services are trusted by millions of active customers around the world—including the fastest-growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agencies—to power their infrastructure, make them more agile, and lower costs. To learn more about AWS, visit aws.amazon.com.
· For key deals and escalations, take a leadership role in developing the winning strategy, coaching the field team, and managing the SCE deal team.
· Act as a trusted advisor to the GFS leadership to support AWS’s strategy.
· Contribute to developing AWS’s value proposition and solutions.
· Drive revenue growth and Cloud adoption.
· Lead a high-performing GFS focused team based in various countries.
· Closely collaborate with key stakeholders across the organization, including the GFS sales teams, and related regional and global stakeholders (Service Teams, Finance, Legal, etc.).
Basic Qualifications· Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent)
· 15+ years of experience in quota carrying sales/sales management & business development in infrastructure or cloud technology
· Proven success negotiating large, complex software and/or Cloud deals
· Understanding of the technology ecosystem; Cloud experience a plus
· Track record of leading highly successful pursuit teams
· Experience developing complex solutions with C-suite customers and internal stakeholders
· Fluent in English
Preferred Qualifications· Masters’ Degree
· A technical background: computer science degree, engineering experience, and/or technical sales experience.
· Fluent in multiple languages
Other professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
· Exhibits excellent judgment in business and people matters.
· Hires great people. Develops great people.
· Has relentlessly high standards.
· Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution.
· Teams exceptionally well across groups.
· Dives deep on important drivers and details of the business.
· Active listener and agile learner
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.