For nearly 15 years, Amazon Web Services has been the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform. AWS offers over 125 fully featured services for compute, storage, databases, networking, analytics, machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI), Internet of Things (IoT), mobile, security, hybrid, virtual and augmented reality (VR and AR), media, and application development, deployment, and management from 61 Availability Zones (AZs) within 20 geographic regions and one Local Region around the world, spanning the U.S., Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Ireland, Japan, Korea, Singapore, and the UK. AWS services are trusted by millions of active customers around the world—including the fastest-growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agencies—to power their infrastructure, make them more agile, and lower costs.
If you would like to be a part of the next wave of business and technology innovation in the world’s largest global enterprises, read on. As a Sr. Client Sales Leader at AWS, you will have the opportunity to drive the adoption of the most cutting-edge technologies with the most exciting global organizations: ML/AI, Industry 4.0, IoT, Robotics, and more. We are looking for inventors and groundbreakers to join the most customer-obsessed and revolutionary salesforce on the planet. Only AWS can offer you the infrastructure and toolset to help your customer drive truly disruptive and transformational business outcomes.
As AWS continues its exponential growth, we seek an AWS Account Leader adept at building relationships with c-level executives and working closely with customer teams to drive measurable business outcomes by articulating a clear vision and generating enthusiasm for the adoption of the most advanced cloud services available. The right leader is customer-obsessed, and capable of inspiring a diverse group of internal resources across engineering, business development, alliances, professional services, marketing and support to earn their customer’s trust and implement a broad strategy for the deployment of AWS technologies. They will have dotted line responsibility for geographically distributed downstream sales and technical resources and will lead the extended account team to advocate for customer interests across AWS. Development of formal case studies and other forms of public references highlighting transformational customer outcomes enabled by AWS solutions is core to the role. The sales leader will work closely with their customer to develop strategies that highlight industry-leading successes across various forums and events.
The ideal candidate will have a desire to innovate, collaborate and invent with customers in the construct of a strategic vendor relationship. This will require knowledge of cloud, a sales background that includes extensive interaction with C-level executives, and a track record of success closing large, complex, multi-year deals.
In our rapidly growing, fast-paced environment, our sales leaders demonstrate an ability to think strategically and analytically about sales, business, product, and technical challenges. They leverage creativity to build and convey compelling value propositions and work cross-organizationally to foster alignment and eliminate obstacles. Additionally, the sales leader will:
· Have the ability to earn trust with and influence CEOs and Boards of Directors with their company’s largest accounts.
· Engage, orchestrate, guide and coach extended account team members
· Partner closely with Sales Leadership Team and field sales organization.
· Focus on large, complex opportunities at all stages of the sales cycle.
· Effectively leverage and communicate with internal executive resources including CEO, VP of WW Sales and Service Team leadership.
· Shape or reshape deals to best meet the needs of our customers and leverage AWS capabilities.
· Ensure optimal deal resourcing, approach, and product mix.
· Resolve deal escalations.
· Have experience working with large global organizations as the primary account relationship manager.
· Demonstrate excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication, analytical skills and presentation skills.
· Possess demonstrated decision-making, creative problem solving, and negotiation skills.
Have the ability to keep pace in a rapidly changing environment, which requires prioritization, constant learning, juggling multiple responsibilities at once, and taking calculated risks.
Basic QualificationsIn addition, the AWS Account Leader must have:
· Minimum 15 years sales experience with an enterprise technology provider
· 10+ years of experience relationship building and influencing at the C-level of Fortune 50 customers
· 5+ years of experience creating long term transformational account strategies to drive enterprise wide adoption of new technologies at multi-national customers
· Experience leading global, cross-functional, virtual teams including solution architecture, inside sales, business development, specialized sales, marketing, professional services and premium support to ensure holistic customer engagement and satisfaction across all business units and subsidiaries of a single, multi-national account
Preferred Qualifications· BA/BS in Finance, Business or Computer Science, MBA a plus
· Experience selling into or working for a large Healthcare Technology Provider is preferred.
· Experience as an operating executive, general manager, or team leader for a global federated enterprise working with multiple business units and influencing governance and policy is a plus.
· Experience in large complex deal negotiations with a successful track record; ability to navigate across AWS and the customer in a trusted advisor/consultative approach; and, establishing credibility quickly with senior level executives across the organizations.
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
· Exhibits excellent business judgment
· Works backwards from the customer need
· Hires great people, develops great people
· Has relentlessly high standards
· Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
· Expects and requires innovation of their team
· Thinks big and has convictions
· Is action and results oriented
· Is highly analytical and structured
· Has the innate ability to inspire passion in others.
This position can be based in Kansas City or Chicago.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.