Experienced program manager to join Amazon Web Services’ (AWS) Global Executive Programs team as the AWS Executive Engagement Manager.
In this role, you will be responsible for maximizing customer outcomes associated with AWS executive engagements. You will build mechanisms and a program to identify and manage executive customer engagements while traveling to 3rd party events or during regional and international travel. You will balance variables such as timing, engagement history, geographic considerations, customer need and total addressable spend, and field inputs to determine priorities. The Global Executive Engagement Manager will act as the quarterback to liaise with executives, marketing field sales, the AWS partner organization, analyst and press relations, and sales operations. You will be responsible for extensive field and executive communications requiring specificity, accuracy, and succinctness. Finally, you will ensure customer engagement decisions align with AWS strategic objectives, such as priority verticals, services, and customer workloads.
The ideal candidate will relish the responsibility for leading a high profile, creative, scalable, and repeatable data driven program that is extensible to a variety of executive teams. They must show successful history in strategic planning, cross-functional coordination senior executives and their staffs, and exhibit a “what if?” mentality to inspire great results.
· Develop a scalable, global mechanism to plan and track executive engagement in global GEOs including major third party events and regional domestic and international visits.
· Develop business requirements and partner with Systems and Tooling team to extend tooling to support the planning process and the measurements of success.
· Ability to quantify travel decisions in terms of (AWS) outcomes such as revenue growth and acceleration or removal of customer blockers through CxO level engagements.
· Work with the AR and PR team to identify, evaluate and prepare for media opportunities associated with executive engagement opportunities.
· Develop, refine and communicate a process playbook for executives on the road partnering with local sales and marketing leaders, PR and AR teams, and chief of staff.
· Define and execute on key operational priorities including managing executive’s time at 3rd party events and regional visits and directed workflow around interactions with external stakeholders including customers, government officials and industry experts.
· Domestic and international travel up to 30% of the time.
Basic Qualifications· 7+ years program management experience with global stakeholders.
· Experience creating effective global engagement programs.
· Experience working with senior leaders.
· Experience with Salesforce and Microsoft Excel.
· Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, or relevant field of study.
· Experience using tooling and process management to provide account (market) analysis that can serve as a standard for delivery in multiple locations globally.
Preferred Qualifications· High standards for written content created by you or others necessary for successful customer engagements.
· Solid understanding of AWS GTM strategies, segments, and priorities.
· Experience in strategy development, and then turning the strategy into actionable recommendations, tasks and project plans.
· Experience in management and collaborations with cross-functional teams.
· Experience in data-driven decision-making – both setting up the framework and effectively analyzing the data and feedback for insights.
· Exceptional influencing skills in matrixed environment, including Senior Executive interface.
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
· Proficiency with Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and SharePoint, and Access/SQL pivot tables.
· Exceptional organizational skills; this role requires orchestrating many diverse stakeholders and critical attention deadlines and timing.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/ Age