Amazon Web Services (AWS) is proud to be the pioneer and widely recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 500 companies in industries such as financial services, pharmaceuticals, and high technology.
We’re looking for an accomplished Sales Leader deeply familiar with Productivity Applications, specifically Contact Center as a Service (CCaaS) and VDI technologies, to lead this business in the Americas Region (U.S., Canada, Latin America). The successful candidate will have overachieved throughout their career and built strong, deep relationships with F1000 and/or G2000 organizations. This leader will have a broad role – part market maker, part operator and part general manager – and will build a strategy focused on outcome based selling, winning new customer segments and growing existing customer segments for the long term. As a self-starter willing to operate in a multifaceted way, you should also have experience in market development of cloud infrastructure and/or enterprise applications. The right candidate must possess top of the line leadership skills with the ability to execute on key business initiatives. The role will require working with the overall ecosystem to help secure lighthouse customers, drive top-line revenue for new services, and develop strategic partnerships. This is an exciting opportunity to drive the go-to-market definition and execution of AWS’s strategy for Amazon Connect and Amazon Workspaces Services in the Americas Region.
Your responsibilities will include driving strategic workloads to deepen business and technical relationships with customers and partners. You will build a high-performing team of sales experts. You will also develop mechanisms to establish new business in target market segments and enable the field organization to drive the day-to-day interactions that identify prospects for long-term business opportunities. You will focus on incubating new AWS Productivity Applications services, scaling existing AWS services, delivering workload/solution specific domain expertise to the broader field organization, and developing repeatable, packaged solutions to solve customer challenges. As the voice of the customer, your findings will influence product teams to help them evolve the products and address issues, concerns, and requests from the field. To be successful, you will need to analyze and determine key customer insights from business drivers, market trends and customer feedback, and operating metrics.
You will be responsible for establishing clear goals for your team, including quotas. You must ensure that your team is managing opportunities effectively throughout the sales cycle and practicing good pipeline hygiene. You will be expected to plan and allocate for the best use of team resources in order to meet goals and quotas.
Basic Qualifications· Bachelor’s degree
· Leadership experience in a customer-facing role in the technology industry
Preferred Qualifications· 8+ years of experience in sales/sales management in infrastructure or cloud technology
· MBA/Technical Master’s Degree
· Commitment to promoting a diverse and inclusive culture where all Amazonians and customers are able to participate fully, and enjoy respect and dignity
· Exceptional people-management skills; able to inspire and foster the right behaviors in others through leading by example (Player/Coach)
· Experience leading a direct or indirect account team with proven results
· Experience leading leaders with proven results
· Ability to motivate, encourage and coach others to develop strong relationship building and sales skills
· Building and managing a healthy sales pipeline focused on driving revenue, adoption, and market penetration
· Experience working with new product/service development teams and their outbound functions
· Track record of building rapport with senior customer executives (e.g. CEO, CIO, CTO), building close relationships, and closing large revenue accounts
· Experience and success in negotiating complex deals with customers and partner. You’ve not only carried quotas, you’ve consistently exceeded them by doing the right thing for your customer
· Motivated self-starter, proactive and action-oriented
· Strategic problem solving and collaboration skills
· Prior experience growing a Contact Center, VDI, or Unified Communications business
· Strong verbal and written communications skills in English
· Proven ability to deliver results in a matrix organization (leveraging multiple functions and teams)
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/ Age.