Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a Marketing Operations Manager to support third- party events (tradeshows and conferences globally) for the Third-Party Events Team. This role will own budgeting, contracts, reporting, lead import management, and improving and maintaining processes for the Third-Party Events Team.
You will work closely with the Manager of Third-Party Events, the broader trade show team, and internal business owners to establish best practices, procedural rigor, operational and process improvement, and analytical insights on how we performed at industry trade shows and conferences (ROI).
This role requires an individual with excellent analytical abilities, outstanding business acumen, and exceptional written and oral communication skills. The successful candidate will be data-driven and have a strong understanding of marketing KPIs. They will be adept at building models, reports and tools with a deep understanding of the underlying analytics, and the ability to assimilate new methodologies and data sources. They will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail, and an ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment. Position includes travel.
Basic QualificationsKey Responsibilities:
· Track and manage our Third-Party budget
· Develop a standardized planning and reporting cadence for our internal stake holders
· Own process for creation of Salesforce campaigns and lead import
· Design and enhance global processes to measure third-party events (industry trade shows and conferences) outcomes and investment efficacy
· Engage with cross-functional teams to create measureable shared goals and track those goals
· Create process for gathering input for multiple reporting mechanisms, and report out as needed including monthly reports for internal business owners
Preferred Qualifications· Degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field
· Strong understanding of marketing – Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
· Basic knowledge of Marketing Automation or CRM tools such as Marketo, Tableau, or others
· Salesforce reporting skills
· Ability to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives in a fast paced environment
· Excel at cross-group collaboration, problem solving and have a bias for action
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
· Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/Age.