Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a Migration Consultant to help our strategic customers migrate thousands of applications to the cloud. You will play a key role in accelerating these cloud migration capabilities to meet massive customer demand. You will be asked to apply your experience in DevOps, distributed systems, operations, data migration, and data management to build high quality, automated migration systems for a large variety of workloads.
This is a technical position and the ideal candidate is someone who can dive deep in migrating customer workloads to AWS. The ideal candidate is as comfortable white boarding migration strategies and solutions with a roomful of engineers as they are briefing an executive audience.
· Work within migration factories with AWS Consulting Partners and Customers
· Help AWS Managed Services Partners build innovative, cloud-oriented migration software
· Capture and share data with AWS engineering teams and professional services teams
· Provide guidance to partner engineering teams
· Promote partners internally and externally
· Turn big ideas into products and services, and help influence the direction of AWS
Travel to customer locations may be required.
Basic Qualifications· BS level technical degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science or Engineering background preferred
· 2+ years experience as a technical specialist in customer-facing roles
· 2+ years hands-on technical experience with cloud services
Preferred Qualifications· Masters/Advanced degree
· Experience designing and migrating workloads to an AWS Cloud environment
· Experience in a range of migration discovery, profiling, migration, and operations technologies and tools
· Depth in various migration techniques such as rehost, refactor, rearchitect, replatform, repurchase, etc.
· Experience architecting highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability and high availability
· Experience with Agile execution, cloud migration factory
· Experience assessing and building cost models, migration patterns, resource model, project plan, and business cases
· Exposure to application programming
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.