Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a Migration Technical Lead to help our strategic customers migrate thousands of applications to the cloud. You will be playing a key role in accelerating these cloud migration capabilities to meet massive customer demand. You will be asked to apply your experience in DevOps, distributed systems, operations, data migration, and data management to build high quality, automated migration systems for a large variety of workloads.
This is a technical position and the ideal candidate is someone who can dive deep, build cloud-optimized architectures, develop business strategies, and influence our product roadmap by working closely with AWS engineering teams. The ideal candidate is as comfortable white boarding complex software architectures with a roomful of engineers as they are briefing an executive audience.
· Build massive scale, high quality migration factories with AWS Consulting Partners and Customers
· Help AWS Managed Services Partners build innovative, cloud-oriented migration software
· Lead technical migrations with our Strategic customers
· Capture and share data with AWS engineering teams and professional services teams
· Write technical papers, blog posts, and reference architectures
· Provide guidance to partner engineering teams
· Promote partners internally and externally
· Turn big ideas into products and services, and help influence the direction of AWS
Travel to customer locations may be required
Basic Qualifications· Bachelor degree or equivalent experience
· 5+ years experience as a technical specialist in customer-facing roles
· 2+ years hands-on technical experience with cloud services
Preferred Qualifications· Masters degree
· Extensive experience architecting, designing and migrating workloads to an AWS Cloud environment
· Experience in a range of migration discovery, profiling, migration, and operations technologies and tools
· Depth in various migration techniques such as rehost, refactor, rearchitect, replatform, repurchase, etc.
· Experience architecting highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability and high availability
· Experience with Agile execution, cloud migration factory
· Experience assessing and building cost models, migration patterns, resource model, project plan, and business cases
· Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
· Substantial exposure to application programming
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.