Amazon Web Services (AWS) Public Sector (PS) is looking for a world-class business and partner development professional experienced in technology and partner business practices to join our team and accelerate the adoption of AWS cloud computing services in our Global System Integrator (GSI) partners. This is a senior individual contributor role.
As the Public Sector Partner Business Development GSI Manager, you will have the exciting opportunity to dramatically accelerate adoption of AWS services by owning the GSI partner engagement with strategic programs. Working closely with the AWS Partner Development teams, you will drive programmatic engagement with top GSI partners to bring innovative solutions to customers. You will work with teams across AWS in product management, program development, solution architecture, and professional service teams. You will develop and execute a strategic engagement strategy, in partnership with AWS WWPS partner teams, to build and grow the AWS business with and through key GSI partners.
The ideal candidate is an accomplished professional with a proven track record of influencing technology and business innovation within the partner community and must have demonstrated presence to engage with executive decision makers. You will have strong business development, program management, strategic alliances, and entrepreneurial skills. You should demonstrate an ability to think strategically about new business models, solution selling, and show prior solution and program successes.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Own development and execution the strategic partner program and engagement plan for AWS Public Sector GSI partners focused on maximizing revenue driven with and through APN partners
· Be the go-to point of contact for our Partner Development Managers in respect to leveraging strategic and technical programs to support partners focused on GSI customers
· Help build C-level relationships with our top partners and generate interest in new AWS programs focused on GSI
· Help prioritize and track AWS investment (including program utilization) across GSI to drive incremental and non-linear results for both AWS and selected partners
· Execute go-to-market and routes-to-market plans that have clear and measurable ROI models
· Work with cross functional groups including APN, Training, Technical Business Development, and solutions architecture to build enablement programs that allow strategic partners to develop capabilities and achieve proficiency according to AWS competency standards
Able to travel within the US and Global, as needed
Position is ideally located in the DC Metro area
Basic Qualifications· BA/BS required.
· 8+ years’ experience in technology business development, sales, or product management;
· Global System Integrator experience with outsourcing or managed services, preferably cloud, hosted and managed services in the technology industry
· 3+ years working with technical solutions in the cloud
Preferred Qualifications· 5 years of experience in customer facing roles leading large scale transformation programs or extensive customer engagements
· Demonstration of success at building go-to-market strategies with IT products, solutions or services, at or working with Windows
· Strong analytical skills, and demonstrated ability to turn detailed data analysis into useful strategic insight in order to drive customer adoption and make appropriate recommendations to the business
· Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must
· 3 years of experience developing, implementing, managing and executing field programs
· MBA is highly valued as is a technical background with Computer Science, and/or Engineering/Math background
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role