Talented, self-directed senior leader sought to develop and implement worldwide field marketing strategy for the Energy industry for Amazon Web Services (AWS).
In this position, you will build a strategy for our targeted top accounts in Energy, as well a plan to market to Energy customers globally. This is a unique opportunity to play a key role developing an important market segment within an exciting, fast growing business.
This role will gather market and customer insights, collaborate with internal stakeholders such as Energy Product Marketing, Sales, Business Development, and use these insights to develop and execute a marketing strategy for the industry. Partnering closely with sales and regional functional leadership to define the marketing strategy and plan, you will have a strong focus on defining programs that facilitate Energy adoption of AWS services and opportunities to partner on co-marketing activities.
You will work with industry marketing and other teams to create and execute marketing programs and campaigns, with a strong digital focus, targeted to drive awareness, acquisition, and adoption in assigned Energy accounts and for the industry worldwide. The right candidate will have successful experience in results-driven marketing and partnering with sales teams to drive account growth and a scrappy, entrepreneurial spirit. You will have a track record of hiring and retaining talent, and will manage a small but nimble team to support this growing customer segment.
This role is virtual within Texas only, strong preference near an AWS Corporate Office.
· Own the all-up Energy field marketing strategy for AWS
· Manage a small field marketing team
· Identify and set up mechanisms for gathering market and customer data and insights to inform business direction
· Partner with functional stakeholders to develop a differentiated Marketing strategy and plan for AWS Energy
· Build Account-Based Marketing programs for select top accounts
· Implement the plan leveraging shared services, virtual teams, and agencies as needed
· Drive customized, high value customer experiences focused on the customer needs and progression through the buyer’s journey
· Identify opportunities to leverage existing materials, campaigns and resources and drive inclusion and participation of accounts in programs led by other organizations
· Work with the industry product marketing team to deliver custom messaging, assets, and campaign deliverables as needed to support marketing programs and address customer challenges
· Deliver detailed reporting and metrics on activity results, campaign effectiveness, and ROI; use data to make real-time adjustments and proactively identify trends and opportunities
Travel: Up to 40%, including internationally
Basic Qualifications· 12+ years’ experience in a high-tech B2B sales-facing marketing role such as field marketing or partner marketing
· 7+ years’ experience working in or with the Energy industry
· Account-based marketing experience
· Hands-on experience developing and implementing integrated marketing campaigns including live events, virtual events, industry and account specific content, and nurture programs
· Experience hiring and managing others, remote management a plus
· Bachelor’s degree or 4+ years’ equivalent relevant professional experience
Preferred Qualifications· Account-based marketing experience to top Global Energy companies
· Global work experience
· A career trajectory that demonstrates increasing levels of responsibility and proven success delivering measurable marketing results
· Proven experience finding creative ways to do more with less, and a track record of staying on budget
· Superior oral and written communication skills with an innate attention to detail
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation