Are you looking for a role that challenges both your creative skills as well as your analytical abilities? If so, look no further! Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking an experienced Sr. Partner Marketing Leader to develop a strategic plan for scaling our reach of marketing through APN partners focused on our territory segment which is a high velocity business focusing on mid-market and startups. This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in an incredibly fast growing business.
The Sr Partner Marketing Leader will develop and deliver partner marketing programs that enable partners to acquire new customers, retain and grow existing customers and deliver growth in revenue from AWS services. You will develop a deep understanding of the APN partner community, the territory consumer sales team and the partner sales team’s priorities to define and execute a partner marketing plan to support the growth objectives of the Territory customer segment within the United States. You will act as the primary marketing contact for the Territory partner sales team, including regular participation in team calls, in-person meetings and planning sessions.
This role requires strong collaboration and relationship-building skills as you will be required to partner with Field Marketing, Business Development, Global Partner Marketing, Commercial Sales and the Partner Sales organization to define and execute Partner Marketing programs aimed at our territory prospect and customer base in US. You will be the voice of the US partner marketing needs into various internal stakeholders and must be able to share best practices across regions globally. You will be the partner marketing expert resource on territory customers, territory partners, programs, processes and marketing guidelines for the internal partner marketing team and partner sales teams. You will constantly seek to improve upon communications to our APN territory focused partners so that partners are aware of the full scope of marketing resources and support that AWS has to offer along with our internal stakeholders. In addition, you will be required to manage outside vendors to execute programs, manage a direct budget and present to internal and external audiences.
The ideal candidate will have creative marketing ideas to combine with extensive analytic and data-driven customer demand generation experience. Ability to effectively communicate with some of the most agile technology companies in the industry, including both technical and non-technical audiences is critical. You should be detail-oriented and organized, capable of handling multiple projects at once, and comfortable dealing with ambiguity and rapidly changing priorities. A solid understanding of cloud architecture and the cloud landscape are critical to this role.
Basic Qualifications· 12+ years of relevant work experience in partner marketing, demand generation in high-technology companies, ideally in enterprise software space
· Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, communications, or relevant field of study
· Experience in a business-to-business (B2B) environment, high-tech products/services required; enterprise software experience preferred
· Evidence of building and execution digital and in-person marketing programs through partners
· Strong project management skills with experience gaining consensus and driving deliverables with individuals inside and outside the organization
· Possess an expert understanding of how to drive business and marketing with and through the partner community
· Strong working knowledge of best practices in digital marketing and social media
· Demonstrated experience in working with sales leaders in driving pipeline and revenue through both field marketing and partner marketing
· Excel at cross-group collaboration, creative thinking, problem solving and have a bias for action
· Strong experience in managing multiple partners of varied sizes to build marketing programs appropriate for their goals
· Motivated self-starter who thrives on working in complex and challenging environments of a rapidly evolving business
· Analytical tendencies with a natural curiosity to measure, test, learn and iterate in order to get the best results possible
· Very strong written and verbal communication skills with an innate attention to detail
· Willing to travel to meet with sales leaders, partners, attend events and support the sales team (up to 40%)
· Familiarity with SFDC and Marketo preferred and willing to learn new systems
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.