Are you a Leader that can transform how Enterprises use the AWS Cloud to develop and deploy web scale applications?
Can you lead teams of software engineers to architect, build and ship commercial grade applications running on AWS?
Can you work equally well with executives and technologists, leading high-visibility, high-impact software development projects that are technically broad and deep?
Do you have experience leading diverse global teams driving change and business value at significant scale?
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we’re hiring next generation software development Technical Leaders to work with our top-tier global customers and their partners in transforming their enterprise software development landscapes.
As part of our Professional Services team, you will engage with enterprise clients to understand their business drivers and application development needs. You will lead customer, partner and AWS teams to architect, develop and deploy commercial grade full-stack web and mobile applications on AWS.
· Serve as a technical lead on our most demanding, cross-functional customer projects.
· Ensure the quality of architecture and design of systems.
· Contribute intellectual property through patent generation.
· Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
· Fully and completely understand system inter-dependencies and limitations.
· Possess expert knowledge in performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, and engineering best practices.
· Assist in the career development of others, actively mentoring individuals and the Amazon developer community on advanced technical issues and helping managers guide the career growth of their team members
· Exert technical influence over multiple teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience.
As a Principal Consultant in the Public Sector, you’ll be expected to be a leader, builder and operator. You’ll have experience leading or contributing to multiple simultaneous product development efforts and/or technology initiatives. You’ll be able to balance technical leadership and savvy with strong business judgment to make the right decisions about technology choices. You’ll strive for simplicity, and demonstrate significant creativity and high judgment.
Domestic travel is required (30-50%).
Basic Qualifications· 8+ years of hands-on experience with architecting and automated provisioning (IaC), configuration management for infrastructure and applications.
· 8+ years of hands-on experience with envisioning, designing, building and managing release systems, code merging and promotion, and CI/CD workflows and tools.
· 5+ years of hands-on experience with mainline programming and scripting languages such as Shell, Python, Ruby, Perl, Java, .Net, or C++.
· 5+ years of experience establishing, implementing, and delivering using Agile practices.
· Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience.
Preferred Qualifications· Experience with CloudFormation, Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible in production environments.
· Knowledge of IP networking, VPN’s, DNS, load balancing and firewall.
· Experience with monitoring and log aggregating frameworks like CloudWatch, Datadog, Splunk, Opentracing, AWS X-Ray, and APM tools.
· Experience with development and automated testing.
· Familiarity with administrative tasks within popular operating systems.
· Understanding of microservices and distributed application architecture.
· Experience building enterprise security strategy for cloud adoption or driving the program’s evolution to meet new requirements.
· Experience leading the certification or accreditation of cloud workload(s) to meet industry standards such as PCI DSS, ISO 27001, HIPAA, and NIST/DoD frameworks.
· Strong verbal and written communications skills and ability to lead effectively across organizations and engagements.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.