Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking an experienced marketer who can build the strategy and execution for executive engagement programs in the Americas targeted at C-level executives decision makers (CEO, CIO/CTO, CISO, CFO, CMO) who are key to the team responsible for business transformation within their respective companies. This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in AWS, a subsidiary of Amazon.com and a global leader in Cloud Computing.
In this role you will be responsible for accelerating business growth through delivering differentiated and high-impact executive marketing for decision-makers and influencers who are at different phases of their journey with AWS, through both digital and in-person engagements. You will be responsible for the regional executive marketing strategy, including implementing globally developed engagement programs and campaigns, adapting them to local market nuances. As well, you will leverage best practices to develop f regional specific marketing programs, for the Americas geography (US, Canada, and Latin Americas).
The Americas executive marketing programs will specifically target executive personas across the commercial (start-up to enterprise) and public sector, and will require a solid understanding of these audiences to effectively build the right content, agendas, and experiences that attract this influential audience. You will need to balance communicating AWS technology that differentiates us with business impact focused messages which executives can immediately understand and take action on in their pursuit to transform their organizations. The top level goal is to gain mindshare and positive perception, and build deeper relationships with these key executive decision makers and influencers.
You will work closely with our subject matter experts from global executive programs, as well as other cross functional teams including enterprise strategy, services and business development teams in an advisor capacity to help guide the message or content needed to support these intimate, high-touch engagement programs. You will also work closely with the Americas sales and marketing leadership to ensure alignment around goals and integration into the overall go-to-market strategy, and to ensure these programs can be leveraged at different phases of the sales cycle to accelerate business growth.
This is a senior-level hands-on position that is perfect for a skilled marketer who enjoys developing, curating, and advising around programs and content targeted at the executive audience.
· Develop the Americas executive marketing strategy and plans that are the cornerstone to the global executive marketing strategy, and be able to present the region specific plans across the organization including Americas field marketing, sales, and AWS executives.
· Partner with key stakeholders, Global Executive Programs, and Americas sales and marketing leadership on strategy and goals alignment.
· Adapt and/or build compelling agendas, recruit and manage compelling speakers, and collaborate with field marketing to deliver high-caliber in-person executive engagement events.
· Adapt and/or build original digital thought leadership content in a variety of formats (web, pdf, video and podcast) delivered through multi-media (social, email, paid).
· Evaluate, measure and report on strategic effectiveness and ROI for overall program efforts
· Ability to work on multiple, simultaneous programs that require both strategic thinking as well as high-speed tactical execution.
Basic Qualifications· 10+ years or equivalent of relevant experience in enterprise or executive audience marketing, including programs, executive briefings, communication and content development.
· Proven track record of managing and developing teams.
· Experience managing programs in support of a mid-to-large scale, multi-geographical, high-growth sales organization
· Experience building executive programs for different personas (and industries) within the C-suite (CEO, CIO, CISO, CFO, CMO etc..)
· Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, or relevant field of study.
· Demonstrated success in event management, program management and project management.
· Demonstrated success in digital content development and distribution.
· Ability to travel and ability to work independently and autonomously.
· Proven knowledge of industry tools, such as SalesForce and.
· Experience owning and delivering a multi-country marketing strategy.
Preferred Qualifications· Experience in marketing B2B technology products or services strongly preferred.
· Superior oral and written communication skills with an innate attention to detail.
· A career path that demonstrates increasing levels of responsibility and proven success delivering measurable marketing results at a global level.
· Ability to manage time and juggle multiple priorities to execute high quality deliverables.
· Skilled negotiator with proven experience finding creative ways to do more with less, and a track record of staying on budget.
· Experience working in a fast-paced and highly cross-functional organization.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/ Age