Would you like to build the AWS Cloud Computing business in the US Department of Defense (DoD)? Would you like to be part of a team focused on cloud transformation and adoption of Amazon Web Services by engaging with key DoD customers, systems integrators and solutions providers who are reinventing their IT strategy by adopting and delivering cloud computing solutions?
As a Senior Sales Executive for Amazon Web Services (AWS), you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of Amazon’s utility computing web services and build mind share and broad use of Amazon’s utility computing web services (Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon SimpleDB, Amazon RDS, etc).
In this role, you will:
· Develop a growing book of business.
· Drive business and technical relationships and close business at a rapid rate by helping to define, identify, and pursue key opportunities.
· Establish deep business and technical relationships through your knowledge of the customer’s mission and the environment.
· Have day-to-day interactions with these agencies.
· Have both a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at senior military and civilian levels.
· Have a technical background that enables them to easily interact with staff officers, contracting officials, software developers, and architects. Have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about the mission, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions.
· Be able to travel as necessary.
Basic Qualifications· 6+ years of Information Technology sales experience selling directly to DoD customers
· 3+ years of experience consistently meeting and exceeding personal sales quota
· 3+ years of experience with the fundamentals of cloud computing and virtualization, technical aspects to differentiate between Cloud providers
· 3+ years of experience and relationships with the Federal Systems Integrator and Business Partner ecosystem for DoD
· Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
Preferred Qualifications· 5+ years experience selling to Navy, Air Force or Army customers
· 3+ years experience working within the software development and cloud computing industry highly desired
· Masters Degree and/or Computer Science or Math background highly desired
· Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
· Self-motivated with a great sense of urgency and follow-through
For more information, visit https://aws.amazon.com/government-education/defense/
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/Age.