This position can be remote with close proximity to large or international airport or at a US Amazon office. Preferred locations: Virginia, New York/New Jersey, Washington, North Carolina, Massachusetts, Texas, Maryland
AWS is one of Amazon’s fastest growing businesses, servicing millions of customers in more than 190 countries, reshaping the way global enterprises consume information technology and powering the developers who are building the next generation of global industry leaders. Your responsibilities will include building and managing a highly talented sales team focused on driving revenue, adoption, and market penetration. The ideal candidate will possess a sales management background that enables them to lead a team of senior enterprise sales representatives with engagements at the CxO level, manage a sales pipeline, and lead sales efforts that will include teaming with AWS Sales Representatives, Solutions Architects, and Partners within World Wide Public Sector AWS accounts. A successful candidate should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions while working cross-organizationally to build consensus.
You will build and lead a sales team focusing on emerging business initiatives in World Wide Public Sector. These will/may include Microsoft platform running on AWS, Storage, End User Computing and others. You will be responsible for working with large strategic World Wide Public Sector customers and their existing account teams to qualify and pursue sales opportunities for enterprise application workloads and datacenter migration projects. Your team will engage with our segment sales, solutions architects, partner and professional services organizations to drive large and highly complex opportunities to closure. Your commitments will include quota accountability, driving platform adoption within WWPS accounts, as well as creating public references.
· Build a dynamic sales team
· Drive revenue and market share for AWS.
· Maintain a robust sales pipeline.
· Work with internal and external partners to extend reach & drive adoption of AWS solutions.
· Manage contract negotiations along with the core sales organization.
· Ensure customer satisfaction.
Basic Qualifications· 10 years of progressive and successful technology related sales experience.
· 5 years managing technical sales teams who have meet or exceed quarterly and annual sales goals year over year.
· 5 years of demonstrated experience developing and executing against a sales plan.
· Bachelor’s or advanced degree in computer science, engineering, related technical degree other relevant field.
Preferred Qualifications· A technical background in engineering, computer science.
· Direct field & management experience in working with public sector accounts.
· Prior experience working at a systems integrator partner.
· Exceptional verbal and written communications skills.
· Demonstrated organizational and presentation skills.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role. Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.