Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the leading cloud provider, offering virtualized infrastructure, storage, networking, messaging, analytics, and other web computing services to customers all over the world. AWS operates a globally distributed environment at massive levels of scale. Businesses, educational institutions and governments around the world depend on AWS for secure cloud services and solutions.
The Sales Systems and Data Team within AWS ensures that our Field Sales and Commercial Operations teams have the world-class data and analytics tools required to scale with our rapidly expanding business. We are seeking a passionate evangelist to serve as the Leader of our Sales Planning and Workflow Automation Center of Excellence. As the manager of this new team, you will work to implement the chosen solution to identify email and spreadsheet-based manual processes for prioritization and elimination.
This individual will partner closely with business leaders, operations leaders, and field users, as your primary customers, to provide governance that ensures automated planning and process engineering excellence. You will encourage and be accountable for the development of operating models and rules of engagement for centralized and decentralized resources. You will also have deep knowledge of the selected solution to provide expert level advice and architectures when needed.
You will partner with the Business Analytics Engagement Team and the Analytics Capabilities Team to gather requirements, prioritize requests, maintain backlogs and roadmaps, drive adoption through enablement, and ensure the development of the proper infrastructures.
The ideal candidate will have strong analytical skills to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, and abstract up from low-level information to a more general understanding.
Since this role requires the ability to gather feedback and constructively assess our business process landscape to create comprehensive plans for improvement, strong writing and two-way communication skills are critically important as well.
Basic Qualifications· 5+ years of experience with one or more of the following platforms: Anaplan, Hyperion Planning, IBM Cognos TM1, or Workday Adaptive Insights.
· 5+ years of management experience leading planning teams or the equivalent (sales ops, finance, and/or analytics).
· 3+ years of project management experience supporting sales operations, finance, business analytics, and/or information technology.
· 3+ years of experience in sales planning, sales operations, or financial analysis role(s).
· BA/BS Degree required; advanced degree or certification preferred.
Preferred Qualifications· Experience selecting and implementing an enterprise planning and workflow automation platform.
· Experience designing, recruiting, and building high-performance teams requiring specialized technical skill sets.
· Ability to develop and drive adoption of governance, project management, and development frameworks that ensure programmatic success.
· Practical experience with requirements gathering for and implementing analytics solutions (end-to-end), over multiple technologies, size, and scale of projects.
· Experience applying DevOps and Application Lifecycle Management best practices.
· Self-starter who can operate independently.
· Able to influence decisions through effective verbal and written communication and logical reasoning.
· Ability to influence project teams across a broad set of functions and geographies to develop new ideas and creative solutions for difficult, ambiguous and complex issues.
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously and drive projects to completion.
· Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence other leaders, and track record of taking ownership.
· Demonstrated business acumen and the ability to apply technology solutions to solve business problems.
· Experience working within a high-growth, global technology company.
· Advanced degrees, certifications, or coursework in areas of business Intelligence, analytics, and project management
· Familiarity with Agile software development methodologies
· Familiarity with ETL solutions and techniques
· Familiarity with Salesforce.com
· Familiarity with AWS Platform
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Other preferred locations: Boston, MA/ Austin, TX/ Palo Alto, CA/ or other Virtual locations will be considered.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.