Would you like to build the AWS Cloud Computing business for the US Air Force and Department of Defense (DoD)? Would you like to be part of a team focused on cloud transformation and adoption of Amazon Web Services by engaging with key DoD customers, systems integrators and solutions providers who are reinventing their IT strategy by adopting and delivering cloud computing solutions?
As a Sales Executive for Amazon Web Services (AWS), you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of Amazon’s utility computing web services including Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon Amazon RDS, Amazon Aurora, Amazon Redshift, Amazon Lambda, etc.
In this role, you will:
· Develop a growing book of business in the US Air Force as part of a US Air Force sales team.
· Drive business and technical relationships and close business at a rapid rate by helping to define, identify, and pursue key opportunities.
· Establish deep business and technical relationships through your knowledge of the customer’s mission and the environment.
· Have day-to-day interactions with these customers.
· Have both a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at senior military and civilian levels.
· Have a technical background that enables them to easily interact with staff officers, contracting officials, software developers, and architects.
· Have experience thinking strategically about the mission, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions.
· Be able to travel as necessary.
Basic Qualifications· 5+ years of Information Technology quota-carrying sales experience
· 2+ years selling to the US Air Force
· 2+ years experience meeting and exceeding sales quota
· 2+ years experience working with Federal Systems Integrators and Business Partners supporting the USAF and DoD
· 1 + years experience with the fundamentals of cloud computing with the ability to go deep enough on technical aspects to differentiate between Cloud providers
· Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
· This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen and obtain and maintain an active DoD Secret clearance
Preferred Qualifications· 2+ years of experience working within the software development and cloud computing industry highly desired
· Masters Degree and/or Computer Science or Math background highly desired
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.