Do you want to be a key part of a growing team focused on increasing the reach of secure cloud computing across stakeholders for US Elections and Political Campaigns? Elections are among the most integral foundations of our democracy.
The AWS Elections team helps customers to address complex trends and challenges related to voting, which include legislative mandates, ancillary workflows, and core election processes administered by State and Local Government agencies. Do you have the industry background, technical depth, and business development skills needed to help further establish AWS as the leader in the industry?
AWS is looking for a Principal Business Development leader who understands business trends impacting the industry, and is passionate and capable of driving market development across the sector for AWS, leveraging the richness of the AWS cloud computing platform to position and drive the right technology solutions, enable the partner ecosystem supporting the Elections market, and address dynamic industry needs.
AWS Elections market consists of three key segments: Election Administrators; Political Campaigns and National Committees; and Civic Engagement Organizations. Your responsibilities will include engaging with key industry customers and strategic partners, attending and speaking at industry events, leading the process to enable industry solutions, and create significant new business opportunities for AWS. You will enable the AWS State and Local Government (SLG) sales teams selling to US Elections customers and develop/execute strategies that drive their day-to-day interactions with key stakeholders. You will work closely with AWS Solutions Architects to develop and promote cloud relevant solutions for the industry, including partner-based solutions. You will work closely with the AWS product and services teams to help evolve value-adding AWS offerings for secure and efficient by US Elections customers.
The ideal candidate will have a business development or consulting background, experience working with SLG customers and ecosystem companies at the CxO/VP level, with a good understanding of legacy and emerging technologies in the US Elections market.
He/she should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Serve as a key member of the SLG Business Development team to drive overall AWS market and technical enablement strategy for the US Elections industry.
· Define and execute on a strategic market development plan and ensure it’s in line with the AWS strategic direction, in partnership with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, product teams, marketing, partner team, legal, support, etc.).
· Define and size segments, identify and engage key customers, and identify and engage key partners including ISVs and system integrators.
· Build business development pipeline by engaging with key customers and partners.
· Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings for the US Elections industry.
· Present business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to expanding our reach in the industry. Manage complex contract negotiations and liaison with the legal group.
· Handle a high volume of engagements and interactions in the fast pace of the cloud computing market.
Basic Qualifications· 5+ years experience as an executive elections administrator/officer, or experience in or selling to the US Elections industry.
· 2+ years experience with domain knowledge of systems and applications and the technology provider landscape in the US Elections industry.
· Bachelor’s degree.
· 10+ years of relevant work experience.
· Diversity of experience in the US Elections industry
· SOS / CxO relationships and large network in the industry.
· Technical background with a MBA or Computer Science/Engineering/Mathematics degree
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.