Amazon Web Services (AWS), a subsidiary of Amazon.com, is seeking a sales leader for the Education (K-12) and State & Local Government business. The leader will be responsible for driving awareness and adoption of Education (K-12) and State and Local Government workloads on AWS’s global cloud computing platform. Would you like to create business strategies and continue to build a team focused on increasing awareness and adoption of AWS? Do you have the business savvy, government sales experience and the technical background necessary to help further establish AWS as a leading cloud platform provider within this high growth market?
As an Enterprise Education (K-12) and State & Local Government Sales Leader, you will have the exciting opportunity to help drive the growth and shape the future of an emerging technology. Your responsibilities will include growing and managing a highly talented sales team focused on driving revenue, adoption, and market awareness in the Education (K-12) and State & Local Government market segment. This includes determining the most effective go-to-market strategies, and collaborating with the Commercial Sales, Public Policy, Legal, Marketing, Contracts and Executive leadership along the way.
The ideal candidate will possess a sales management and technical background that enables them to lead a team of senior enterprise sale representatives with engagements at the CXO level.
You should also be located in the Midwest and ready to grow the business to and through that territory.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Continue to hire and build out an enterprise sales team
· Assign sales territories, set goals and quota, and ensure proper training programs for the sales team
· Manage and coach the sales team to optimal performance
· Drive revenue and market share in a defined region
· Accelerate customer adoption and customer satisfaction
· Maintain a robust sales pipeline
· Work with partners to extend reach & drive adoption
· Manage contract negotiations
· Develop long-term strategic relationships with key accounts
· Expect moderate travel
For more information, visit https://aws.amazon.com/stateandlocal/ and https://aws.amazon.com/education/K12-primary-ed/.
Basic Qualifications· 10 + years of experience providing technology solutions for Public Sector including K-12 Education and State and Local Governments
· 8+ years of experience driving growth through and with cross-functions including Sales, Marketing and Segmentation, Channel and Partner Development, Public Policy, Legal and other organizations
· 5+ years of experience supporting multi-vertical, global businesses that include Healthcare, Justice and Public Safety, Smart Cities, Transportation, Human Services
· Demonstrated in-depth experience working with transformational technology and technical solutions including cloud, IoT, business intelligence, analytics
· BS level degree or equivalent experience
Preferred Qualifications· MBA
· Cloud sales experience
· Knowledge of the Midwest territory
· Experience influencing key stakeholders
· Proven experience with consistent territory growth and quota obtainment
· Extensive customer network
· Leadership experience
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.